*Monthly Cravings* ladies, what do you do?

Options
What do you ladies do around that time of the month and the chocolate/carb cravings are just UNBEARABLE??? I'm like minutes away from eating every bit of chocolate in sight right now!!

Replies

• taylorbrown1792
    taylorbrown1792 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I know How you feel, That is when I do my yoga lol. Or you could divert your mind to something more healthy
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I know...that's my weakness too!

I try to keep sugar free and low calorie snacks around the house. Like cookies or chocolates or brownies. Because be real, we NEED that fuel to get through the week right? :)

The reality is I'm going to eat something. So I might as well make it as good as I can for being a relatively bad food choice. I keep pushing the Fiber One 90 calorie brownies cuz they ROCK. Or sugar free vanilla wafers.

The problem is...I can probably eat the entire box. LOL.
  • jgoatgirl
    jgoatgirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I allow myself a little more food, your body is burning slightly more calories at this time. Even if that wasn't fact I'd probably still slightly indulge, it's that or crying or yelling at someone, haha. I always crave salt!
    Exercise can help with cramps and hormones, you could try that as well.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I usually eat some treats, just try to not go overboard. I tend to get moody with too much sugar and it would defeat the purpose.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i try to control it because i can eat 24/7 during that time frame..so i plan the stuff im craving so i can try to control the amount i eat at least..its hard because im soooooo tired during that time and bloated and feel like total crap.. somehow eating homemade carrott cake or chocolate makes me feel good while i eat it ,but the after effects blows the symptoms i have out of the water.
  • girlnamedlee
    girlnamedlee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sugar free ice cream, fat free frozen yogurt, sugar free pudding & or jello with fat free cool whip on top. I know these are all chemical laden but at this point I don't care. I love fruit. Passionately. But I can't pretend it's chocolate. And if I eat what I really want (an entire bag of reese's miniature cups, a pint of s'more ben & jerry's, salty fried foods, etc) I end up feeling really down on myself because I decide I'm a diet failure. I know it's stupid & illogical, but seriously, hormonal girls are nuts. Oh, and I just tried those fiber one brownies mentioned above & they're really good for only being 90 calories.
  • karreec
    karreec Posts: 15
    Options
    Thats a hard one cause I love chocolate!! What has helped is keeping some chocolate covered raisins. I will have 1/2 a cup which is 105 calories. I put the 1/2 a cup in a tiny bowl and keep near by and will eat a few through out the day. They are sweet and help with the cravings.
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    SUNSPIRE GRAIN SWEETENED CHOCOLATE CHIPS!! they are all natural and so deelish! 2 tbs has 4 grams sugar.. mix with some raw almonds.. eat throughout day.. dont deny yourself.. just make an alternative choice that suits you. ; )
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    How about flavored coffee? I've been drinking some decaf hazelnut coffee and recently had some raspberry chocolate truffle flavored coffee as well along with some sweetener. That is what has been helping me so far when I get a sweet tooth urge.
  • mrsreed2
    Options
    This is my new found chocolate love. I take a table spoon of coconut oil melt it a couple seconds in the microwave add baking cocoa for me it depends how much falls in to the cup it took some playing around but now its good under a half of teaspoon. a dash of vanilla a shake of salt or not I like a shake of salt myself. and three packets of truvia. Mix together and pour on apples, oranges, oat meal, or any fruit you would eat with chocolate. It works for me and there is a lot of good things about coconut oil and weight loss. There is alot of info online about coconut oil. If you choose to do it the cheapest place I have found to buy it is walmart. Good luck hope you like it. Remember to play around to you get the flavor you want. I do try other flavoring like mint and almond extract.
  • Katie41907
    Options
    Hershey Kisses eaten VERY slowly on both sides of my mouth....only 2!
  • duckie34
    Options
    Don't kn if ur interested, but i grabbed a palm ful of mini dark choclate chips. One at a time made the difference between suffering or blowing my whole day. And hey, isn't dark chocolate good for u? Yeah, I'm goin with that!
  • mrsreed2
    Options
    I agree on the fiber one brownies they are better than most of the fatty brownies to me.:happy:
  • MadDogTannen22
    MadDogTannen22 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'll usually do an extra workout, and then stuff my face with sugar free brownies! Not too good I know, but I am sure you ladies understand the need for chocolate!!! Plus, the pillsbury sugarfree brownies are absolutely delicious!!! And I believe 60 calories a serving (if I am remembering that right). Also the pillsbury chocolate cake is heaven!! I say go for a jog and enjoy!
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    What I've been doing is mixing a quarter to half cup of part skim ricotta cheese, a 1/2 TBLS of cocoa powder and some splenda. It makes you feel like you're eating some chocolate cheesecake for very little calories (110 cals for 1/4 cup!!!!!! depending on the cocoa you use). It's delicious and can curb those cravings a bit. You could always add some fruit or nuts to really beef it up.

Good luck!!!!!
  • Gorgeous222
    Gorgeous222 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I agree about the hershey kisses! I suck on one at a time to make them last longer. I also crave salt and chips like crraazzyy! I usually have snack packs in the house with the little one ounce bag of chips....that helps me not eat an entire family size bag....because trust me, I could!
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    This is my new found chocolate love. I take a table spoon of coconut oil melt it a couple seconds in the microwave add baking cocoa for me it depends how much falls in to the cup it took some playing around but now its good under a half of teaspoon. a dash of vanilla a shake of salt or not I like a shake of salt myself. and three packets of truvia. Mix together and pour on apples, oranges, oat meal, or any fruit you would eat with chocolate. It works for me and there is a lot of good things about coconut oil and weight loss. There is alot of info online about coconut oil. If you choose to do it the cheapest place I have found to buy it is walmart. Good luck hope you like it. Remember to play around to you get the flavor you want. I do try other flavoring like mint and almond extract.

Right on!!! I forgot about the coconut oil chocolate! I actually have tiny little circle molds so I portion out each tablespoon. of mixture.. I make mine by coating raw nuts.. it also fills you up and has a lot of health benefits.. ( It MUST be RAW VIRGIN COCONUT OIL- )
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I give in. I'm weak.
  • ciaobellakiss
    Options
    :blushing: I give in. I'm weak.
  • Tjarvi
    Tjarvi Posts: 53
    Options
    What do you ladies do around that time of the month and the chocolate/carb cravings are just UNBEARABLE??? I'm like minutes away from eating every bit of chocolate in sight right now!!

Sugar free Chocolate pudding with fat free cool whip satisfies.