What to wear that won't fall down?

Options
I have a very annoying problem - I am small in the legs and butt with a round middle. I am having the worst time finding shorts/pants that stay up while I am running/jogging. They slip down, causing me to stall my workout to adjust (plus, it's kinda embarrassing!) Any suggestions from people in a similar situation, such as favorite styles or brands?

Replies

• jms1985
    jms1985 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! My issue was more that I lost a lot of weight in the beginning really fast & I was going through clothes like crazy. Nothing like having to catch your pants before the fall while you're trying to get a good run in! Good luck :)
  • hsmithway
    hsmithway Posts: 191
    Options
    I'm a totally different shape (huge thighs) so this might not work for you, but I have better luck with drawstring pants staying up than elastic waisted pants, though a few of my elastic waisted pants that are a little too small stay put just fine. Tight pants are not attractive on me, but I figure it's better than having my hiney hanging out.
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm apple shaped. I wear running tights I found at JCPenney. They are tight like yoga pants so I had to get over worrying if people stared at "the fat girl in the tight pants" but whatev. They also tie which helps. I think they were like 17 bucks on sale.
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have some yoga pants that won't stay up... but I got some elastic and just folded over the tops over the elastic.
    Make sure you guys pants with draw strings on them... - I won't buy regular work pants unless they have belt loops...
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this. I have a lot of pants that look great standing up as soon as I move they slip. I guess my advice would be to buy a size down, and then wear a baggy shirt on top to hide any muffin or whatever you have. I'd rather have tight pants than loose pants.
  • LoisPGriffin
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions - I was one step away from wearing a leotard over tights, '80's style! I'm gonna check out those running tights and drawstrings.
  • kye_1403
    Options
    have u ever tryed maternity trousers? there work brilliant xx
  • SuddenlyPickles
    Options
    Check out Lululemon... I know they're kinda overhyped, but man, when I put on my crop pants THOSE PUPPIES STAY PUT.
  • kulso0om
    kulso0om Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I usually work out in lounge pants that have a string in the waist band. I tie it comfortably when I'm working out and it doesn't slip.
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    StrengthIsBeautiful Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with a pair of work-out pants I found at Marshall's. They are Nu Dimension S-T-R-E-T-C-H. They have a drawstring waist, and on the outer side of the pants on each side is a 2 inch strip of stretchy fabric that molds, moves, and stretches with you. Made of 67% polyester, 30% cotton, and 3% spandex. They give you plenty of room for flexibility but look just right when you are just standing or sitting down.