Is there anyone participating in the Engine 2 program?

Options
I just started the plant-based program today, and I was wondering if anyone else out there has any suggestions/thoughts on being successful at this. My husband is joining me in this, though reluctantly since he is a big meat eater. Any comments welcome, support, even better! :-)

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Is this a fad diet?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I've just been informed that this is a vegan diet promoted by hot fire fighters. Since I'm a fan of the Fireman community, I support it. I'm not going to do it or anything, but I'm heading to the website to see if any of these fire fighters have their shirts off.
  • brenderc1
    brenderc1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    They are very cute! But, honestly I didn't decide to do the E2 program for them...... ;:love: I just decided to follow it after watching Forks over knives - and I'm not too hung up on meat....
    :tongue:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I am reading the book right now. I haven't decided if I will give it an all-out try or not.
  • brenderc1
    brenderc1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well, I have been on this for 2 days, and I have not snacked once! I feel full all the time, and surprisingly, I have energy! I was very skeptical about putting myself on such a low animal protein diet, but I think that it has regulated my blood sugar so much better than I had in my regular diet......who'd a thunk it? (I have hypoglycemia) so, I think I will continue it.........hopefully I won't get bored with it................
  • lllooper
    lllooper Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've just started reading the book, may jump on the Whole Foods Engine 2 Challenge coming up in a week or so.
  • midasjive
    Options
    I am starting the Engine 2 28 day challenge tomorrow, Mon. Jan 23. We have had the book for several weeks and have been eating mostly "plant strong" since then. We are convinced that this is the ideal diet for a human. The challenge has 2 different formats; 1.) The Firefighter; you stop all meat, dairy and oils for the 28 day term. Or, 2.) The Cadet; you give up dairy week 1, meat week 2, oils week 3.

It's really not that hard, there are really good substitutes for common foods. Nuts, beans, cereal,whole grains, fruit, milk substitutes (we are loving the Blue Diamond Breeze, an almond/coconut milk blend)., meat substitutes (try Quorn, a little tofu, better yet fermented soy, like seitan). Fruit sorbets for dessert. I'm amazed how tasty everything is.

My wife and I saw the Fork over Knife film this past May, she has given up meat since then. I am really happy with my energy level, mental strength, and the fact that a plant strong diet realy makes you feel full all day, and not want junk food after a short while.
  • DaniGirard
    Options
    Forks over Knives did it for us......I never want my heart valves to look like that, learning to "eat to live and not live to eat :)"
  • pouringraina
    pouringraina Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am starting this program as soon as I can get my blood work done. I want to see the changes! I have been reading the book, and I actually found it very mentally straining to eat dairy and meats since then. It's completely changed my mind about food!
  • SanDiegoSarah
    Options
    Haven't looked into the Engine 2 program, but like others I saw Forks Over Knives and it changed my life. I stopped eating meat almost immediately (recently - just this past January), and I gradually played around with eliminating dairy/eggs. I'm 100% at home but find it harder when I go out and don't like to be high maintenence so I just let little things go (like if I have a muffin once in awhile and I know it was made with an egg, etc. - I just don't do it often). I definitely feel like I'm wanting to snack more with the lower amount of protein so I try to eat a lot of chickpeas (with curry), lentil soup, etc. I am definitely still learning. I'll add you as a friend if you want to bounce ideas off each other :)
  • martielou
    martielou Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My sister & her husband have been doing this for several months & they lost around 20-30lbs each and look great! Cholesterol and other numbers all improved as well. I've been vegan for a while myself. Best healthy choice I've made :) good luck! Enjoy the journey. :)
  • martielou
    martielou Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've just been informed that this is a vegan diet promoted by hot fire fighters. Since I'm a fan of the Fireman community, I support it. I'm not going to do it or anything, but I'm heading to the website to see if any of these fire fighters have their shirts off.

Lol!
  • suzinc
    suzinc Posts: 3
    Options
    I started this monday, 2 days ago, and agree with the other posts...feeling totally satisfied! I am worried about st. patrick's day on saturday! Many temptations!

question for those doing it, or have done it...what do you think about sushi? obviously the veggie kind...I had a cucumber roll, avocado roll, and vegetable roll, which contained some picked japanese veggies! while my husband ate our regular rolls...I still felt satisfied, and actually did not miss the funky raw fish textures!

I did cheat a bit with a glass of chardonnay though...we were celebrating so I think that's ok!

:wink: