Back after a Hiatus, Would Like Friends! (I'm ~23 years old,

Options
Hi!

I've been absent from MFP for many months (under a year, but close). My husband and I were both unemployed and I know that we were eating terrible, cheap food, and I got very sensitive about it and seeing the numbers.

But I'm back now, with a great job and a renewed commitment to health.

I'm just about 23 years old and I weigh a little over 230 pounds. I'm only 5'1, so I have a significant amount of weight to lose to be within a healthy range. I also have PCOS which has made gaining weight very easy for most of my life, and losing it very difficult. I struggled with eating disorders as a teenager which seems to have damaged my metabolism, and I go between wanting to eat *all* the things and not wanting to eat anything for days. I have a terrible sense of hungry/full and portion size.

MFP was great for me and I'm sure it will be again. I'd love to have some friends on here to cheer on and make the journey with!

Thanks for reading, talk to you soon.

Replies

• run_panda_run
    run_panda_run Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Fellow short, 23 year old here! Welcome back, and good luck! Sending friend request in 3, 2, 1...
  • ashleygeex26
    ashleygeex26 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My name is Ashley, I am 22 years old and turning to MFP to help me lose about 40 pounds. Feel free to add me! I am new to this and trying to gain some friends! ... Haven't exactly mastered how to navigate around quite yet :)
  • smmanda14
    Options
    Hey I have similar problems and would love to help you through this! :) I'm 22 years old and am only 5'2'' so I feel your pain! Let's help each other!
  • Sariebon
    Sariebon Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and also back to MFP after a few month hiatus. I've out on a good 16 lbs since September - eek!
    Hoping to get rid of around 30 lbs.
  • mikki629
    Options
    Hi! I'm also 23, and 5'3". I'm trying to loose 50lbs. I'd love to be friends with you! Sending a request, hope you don't mind!
  • frenchiep87
    frenchiep87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Your story is very similar to mine. I'm 24, 5'2, have about 110 lbs to lose, and have PCOS & Endometriosis. Both which make it harder to lose weight and easier to gain it. I was on MFP regularly for about 8 months, then my work load increased by a good 15 hours a week, which completely killed my workout habits, healthy food habits, and heavily increased my stress eating. But don't fret! We can always create a new ending. With MFP I'd lost just about 30 lbs, which has unfortunately mostly return.
  • MexisMom
    MexisMom Posts: 249
    Options
    I'm 23, and looking to lose 60-70lbs. Also on the small size, vertically at least!

I'd love to have some friends in my age group and with similar goals... gonna fire off some friend request, hope you don't mind :)
  • endsend511
    endsend511 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 23 tomorrow, and I'm looking for the same kind of support you are. i'll add you as a friend
  • kulso0om
    kulso0om Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    22 but I'm on the taller side! Let's do this!
  • bex_86_
    bex_86_ Posts: 92
    Options
    Hey I've just turned 25. Previously lost 3 stone and put it all back on over the past year. But new year fresh start and all that. Would be great to have some friends and support on this journey :-)
  • GCNerd
    GCNerd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    26 year old over here, but I'm also a little one (5'3). I just joined a couple of days ago and have PCOS. I'm always up for making friends and cheering you on! :)
  • chellelynn30
    Options
    29 and looking to lose about 20 pounds. New to this and looking for friends. Need encouragement and motivation and willing to give it out as well!!!
  • AnnettLynn
    Options
    I am 21, and looking to lose 100lbs. I'm currently about 250, at 5'3. Feel free to friend me if you'd like, we can help keep eachother motivated.
  • kmacc0443
    Options
    Hey there!

I am 23 as well just getting back on the horse after a similar situation! i'm a bit on the taller size but still feel like I have a lot to do! Sending a request your way!
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Really appreciate all the replies and new friends :D