your favorite bars (think thin, clif, luna, larabar)

Options

Replies

• helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    The cherry pie larabar is amazing. I heard they were date bases and figured I would hate them, turns out they are my fav bar...second only to think thin bars
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Fiber one!! Or SoyJoy
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I prefer eating things with fewer ingredients, ingredients that I know what they are, and ingredients that aren't overly processed. Larabars are one of the few bars that meet those criteria, and as such are one of the only few types of "bars" that I buy regularly. It may not be low in calories (around 200/bar) or high in protein, but it totally counts as a healthy snack in my book. I get all the protein I need from meat, eggs, dairy and natural sources like that. I mostly use lara bars when I need a snack that is easy to eat/transport when I'm out and about, or when I need a calorie-dense snack.
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Mars
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Fibre One 100cal Peanut Butter.
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Butterfinger.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Larabars... especially chocolate chip cookie dough. : D

Also just found Mariani Honey Bars, I love the Trail Mix ones. Pretty sure I can make them on my own though. Going to give that a try this weekend probably.
  • amymiller54
    Options
    I love Lunar Cookie Dough. It is my treat for the day. YUM!
  • itsmskimmichelle
    itsmskimmichelle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Luna Smores & Fiber One Strawberries & Oats with Almonds!
  • andiimarie
    andiimarie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love the peppermint stick chocolate Luna bar.
  • kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    The Oh Yeah! protein bars are awesome. It's a friggen candy bar. The Good Grab version (smaller) are 190kcal with 15g of protein. Can't beat that.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I love lara,especially the cashew cookie. The Xocolat ones are tasty as well (basically larabars with more chocolate)

If I can't get a lara or want something crunchier, I really like the cliff mojo bars. These are more readily available at drugstores and stuff as an individual. They are meant to be a sweet and salty combo, so you'll find trail mix,or peanut butter pretzel.

Another cheaper choice: any of the kashi granola bars. I haven't had a bad one yet.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I love love LOVE the Met-Rx protein plus bars, (around 300 calories, 30g protein) Creamy cookie crisp, mud pie, fudge chocolate, peanut caramel... yeah they rock.
    And Detour Bars are awesome. Pretty much the same stats, taste like an AMAZING candy bar. Four words: Cookie Dough Caramel Crisp. :love: I ate them all the time when I was in Virginia but I can't find them up here though :(

I also like Clif Builder bars (chocolate peanut butter is my favorite!), but at 270 calories and 20g protein I might as well eat 30 more calories and get more protein with the other bars. But they're all natural which is nice, I suppose :)

.... I swear I'm not a salesperson for these, haha.

Not sure where "up here" is, but the GNC's around my neck of the woods (Milwaukee, WI) all seem to carry the Detour bars.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    KIND bars - apple cinnamon is my favorite

Also LOVE Larabars in apple pie (there's a pattern here... heehee) and any of the ones with chocolate chips! I like to heat 'em in the microwave - tastes just like a brownie!
  • MARI1010
    MARI1010 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    LARA: ALL of them..
    Think Thin: Crunch Mixed..I use to LOVE the creamy peanut butter and the white chocolate but they are not dairy free :(
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Mine is a place called molly's it's down the street from my crib. One time I got too drunk and decided to walk home. I got lost on the way home. I'm never taking a "shortcut" through random neighborhoods again.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Lara Bar Cherry Pie. DELISH!!!

http://www.larabar.com/products/larabar

This!!^^^

I also like the apple pie and Cashew cookie Lara bars
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Choco Rite protein bar. Peanut butter flavor. Sugar free btw. 9:g protein.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I LOVE balance yogurt honey peanut bars, but I'm trying to cut the amount of processed food I eat, so they are being axed off my diet :\

I used to love luna white chocolate macadamia bars, but the amount of sugar was off-putting.

I might try lara bars, who knows