Zumba

Options
Can anyone help me? How many calories do you burn doing an Zumba workout?

Replies

• teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I log it as Slimnastics, jazzercise and it calculates it for me. It depends on your weight.

I just got back from Zumba, great workout.
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Ditto... what squishycow7 posted!
  • robyn0212
    Options
    The web page for zumba says anywhere between 500-1000 calories
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    yeah the www.zumbacalories is a fairly decent estimate, depends on how much you get into it, though. I usually burn from 600-800 per class, I've burned more and I've burned less. I like to use my HRM to get a better idea of what I am really burning.
  • lopez5530
    lopez5530 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    oops...that post was supposed to say "how many calories do you burn from doing an hour Zumba workout?"

Thanks for the info!:smile:
  • galvodka
    galvodka Posts: 102
    Options
    I burn anywhere from 450-600 calories for an hour Zumba class (according to my HRM).
  • ajhoward10
    Options
    i love zumba. do you have to put it under another topic? or can i make a topic zumba?
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options

This website hightly over estimated my calorie burn. While it thought I was burning upwards of 700 calories an hour, my HRM tells me I only burn around 420. Just something to be aware of.
  • lopez5530
    Options
    Thanks!
  • ajhoward10
    Options
    ok thanks! :)
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    when i first start with a new routine or instructor i don't do as well with burning the more comfortable i get with the classes the more calories i burn love zumba can't afford going to classes right now so i have the game on kinect and the dvd's :wink:
  • lopez5530
    Options
    I think I started a topic for Zumba...not sure though? I am new to this site. If I didn't you go right ahead! :smile:
  • ajhoward10
    Options
    i have it for the wii, and it tells me my calories when i get done..just type that in on here right? (sorry new to this)
  • Nothing like a HRM to give you the answer to your question based on "YOU". I'm not overweight and I burn 450-700. On the lower end if I'm taking, and on the high end if I am teaching. I wear a HRM all the time and my calorie count is never exatly the same. This is just an idea, I weigh 140lbs and am 5'4.5". Size also determines how much you burn!
  • ajhoward10
    Options
    Nothing like a HRM to give you the answer to your question based on "YOU". I'm not overweight and I burn 450-700. On the lower end if I'm taking, and on the high end if I am teaching. I wear a HRM all the time and my calorie count is never exatly the same. This is just an idea, I weigh 140lbs and am 5'4.5". Size also determines how much you burn!

the hrm? are they expensive
  • galvodka
    galvodka Posts: 102
    Options
    Nothing like a HRM to give you the answer to your question based on "YOU". I'm not overweight and I burn 450-700. On the lower end if I'm taking, and on the high end if I am teaching. I wear a HRM all the time and my calorie count is never exatly the same. This is just an idea, I weigh 140lbs and am 5'4.5". Size also determines how much you burn!

the hrm? are they expensive

I have Polar FT4 and paid about $90 for it (w/ insurance) but I think you can get cheaper on Amazon. It's easy to use and I love it!
  • djdreger
    djdreger Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba 3 x a wk and usually for 1 hour it is 500 calories. I love doing Zumba!!
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You can add it on here on your workout!:happy:
  • pocha0704
    Options
    Im around 180 pounds and burn around 450-500 per class.