Newbie here :) New Years Resolutions anyone?

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Bee. I am from Washington and am new to the site, which I love. My goal is pretty much just to tone up and gain a little muscle weight without the bulk. I could stand to lose a few pounds but ultimately my main goal is to become stronger and have more stamina, and some muscle tone!
I totally gave in and bought the Brazil Butt Lift haha!! Tmrw will be my first day at attempting it. all the reviews I've read say it's pretty intense. Has anyone tried it?
I also really want to start getting back into running.

I'd realy appreciate any tips on the toning and strenght building if anyone else is going for the same things!

Replies

• Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I haven't done bbl but I have done insanity p90x and turbo fire. My main goal is to tone up and gain muscle and maybe while I'm at it lose belly fat. Feel free to ad me, I would love to know how the but lift videos are
  • Loraine2012
    Loraine2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Bee. I am a newbie too. I have been a member of the YMCA for 4 years and am still trying to loose the same amount. I can say they are very helpful there in toning and gaining muscle. It's also nice to meet people there. I feel much stronger and stay stronger since I started going there. Dr Oz says to talk to other dieters to be successful, so here I am. I tried a DVD of yoga for weight loss that has "chair yoga". My butt was so sore for 3 days, I haven't tried it again yet, but I intend to work on it. I found it at Sunflower Market. I am hungry right now and trying not to eat before bed. Good luck everyone! I printed out a "FAT" label and stuck it on my stomach to see if it helps remind me. Silly? Too negative?
  • Beezer322
    Beezer322 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Jenene I added you but it took me a while to figure it out haha. I will definitley report back once I try the videos! My boyfriend and i just moved into a place so we're picking up a tv tmrw :) I also just realised in incorporates a fair amount of dance style moves.. haha THAT shoul be intersting for someone as un coordinated as myself!

Loraine, hi nice to meet you:) I too have a membership at the Y! I haven't gone for quite some time though because i had a bit of a health issue. But now i can go back i just need motivation! What helps me is to post something on the fridge. Posting something so negative on your own body seems like it might only bring down your self confidence :( and that's not what we want!! i'm totally here for you. Maybe instead try posting your goals on the fridge that way you see it every time you go for something to eat. I would recomend drinking a big glass of water with some fresh lemon and pr occupying yourself with either a book, friends, or a walk. Easier said than done I know! but just a thought :)