I'm back.

Options
Hi, my name is Lisa and I gained 10 pounds in 6 months. :frown: After spending almost 2 years losing 40.:cry: In August 2009 I started using MFP along with my DH because of my aunt's success on here. That first year I surpassed my original goal of 30 lbs and got close to 35 lbs in one year. The next 7 or so pounds were much harder to get off, but I kept the original 35 off and lost a few more. Then school got out, and I was at home with the kids, snacking and studying. (I teach music, and was finishing my master's degree.) I said, "Oh well, I gained 5 pounds. No big, it'll get better once school starts." And it did, for a month or so. Then I was told that my teaching contract would not be renewed for next school year and would I like to resign or be fired effective the end of the year? Well, that began my emotional eating and drinking. Don't worry, I didn't crazy with the booze. I just upped my alcohol intake from MAYBE twice a year to at least 12 times in the last 4 months (3 of those were around my sister's wedding, and 3 more were over Thanksgiving).:embarassed: So, with the new year and a new job search (man I hate doing that!) I am also looking to fit back into the pants I was wearing this time last year.

My goals are simple:
Don't take my frustrations out on the refridgerator, Wii boxing is a much better choice!
Take time for ME. Whether that's a trip to the store by myself (which would require an hour drive round trip), or a walk across town (2 miles round trip), I'll do SOMETHING once a week.
Play with my kids at LEAST once a week. And not a board game either, something that requires us to move and burn energy.

That's me in a nutshell. I'm hoping some of my old friends are still around and going strong! Plus I'd like to make some new friends.

Replies

• brooke4fitness
    brooke4fitness Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Lisa! You'll be back in the groove in no time.
  • RebeccaMaizel
    Options
    I'm back too, Lisa! Let's do it! I am tracking my food and running, kickboxing starting today! My biggest challenge is tracking my food.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    It's great to see you back! I was wondering where you wondered off too. I've been around, but gaining...not losing :sad: I'm refocused and ready to go again! HAPPY NEW YEAR! and good luck with the job search.