I'm going to do it... some before/during photos (not done ye

I can't believe I'm getting brave enough to do this, but I am.

I started out somewhere at or above 206. I had stopped stepping on the scale because I was disgusted with myself. I joined the gym on March 7, 2011, and I prepaid for a year hoping that would make me get there to use it (I'm frugal; I like to get what I pay for. Plus, I got a discount for prepaying...). To date, I've lost 51 inches and 55 pounds.

I can't find many TRUE before pics because I didn't let anyone take my picture because I was too embarrassed. I knew I looked awful. I have one picture from when my husband's friend came to visit us. I continued to get even bigger after this pic. ;(

before.jpg

My face, before:
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/cbms/Odds and ends/DSC04427.jpg[/img]

Then I took these after I'd lost 25 pounds (thinking, "I should have taken before pictures"):

25poundsdownsofar19.jpg

25poundsdownsofar11.jpg

And here's me the other day:

textfree_280773370.jpg

And a recent face shot (after exercise, so I'm a sweaty mess):

textfree_270375778.jpg

Current weight is just below 151. I am wearing my new Junior size 7 jeans in my picture from the other day. I started out in a 16 women's that I couldn't zip anymore. :-x I have a ways to go--goal is 135 and it's slowed down a LOT now. I'm 5'2 1/2" by the way.

Replies

• Check you out!!! Congrats for getting to the point your at! I think you look wonderful and would never guess you have 5 kids :)
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    You look great!

And where did you get that colorful top? It's so cool. Haha
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Great job!!!!! I know what you mean about wanting to get what you paid for. LOL Good plan!
  • Great job!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    You look smoking hot in those jeans, and I'm jealous.
  • Way to go!!! YOu should be really proud of yourself!! I'm just starting out on this journey after having 3 kids now. So hoping that some where under all this there is some type of figure left. Lol!! Always start, but never seem to fully get across the finish line. IT's now Mommy time!!

Congrats again! YOu look great!

Eileen
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    You look fantastic!! Way to go!!
  • Renee2GetFit
    Renee2GetFit Posts: 162 Member
    Wow! Awesome job - you look fantastic!!! I'm a 16 currently too and can't wait to get down some sizes....
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    I did not think to take before photos myself so had to make do with what I have.

The difference in your face (even when sweating lol) and mid-section are obvious and all over looking healthier my friend.

You have done very well.
  • reactor25
    reactor25 Posts: 146 Member
    So amazing!!!! I don't have any true before pics either because I was too embarrassed to ever take a real picture and now I wish I had. You look so slim. Size 7!!! I am 5' 6" and about 150lbs and I wear 9s still and they are snug-- I do not carry my weight well at all. Congratulations on all your hard work and dedication. Isn't life better when you are in shape?
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,493 Member
    You have done so amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!