Should I go and re-buy a pair of pants?

Options
Hello,

I used to be a size 46 waste and now I'm between a 36/38 waste. I no longer own any of my "big" clothes as I didn't want to the relapse as I have in the past because I tried this once before several years ago and didn't seem like it worked and I was very frustrated. But this time I really feel this might work and considering to go search for a pair of 46 waste size pants and stick them in my living room with one of my big pictures I have. Any thoughts of if anyone else has done this or considering doing this idea? It seems mental pictures really stick with me so much more as I've lost this much weight.

Replies

• silvafan
    silvafan Posts: 147
    Options
    If visual motivation works for you then do it. Maybe you can just go to a 2nd hand store and pick up a pair, that way you aren't out any significant $$$. Whatever works, go for it!!!!!
  • smithfive
    smithfive Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    110lbs lost? WOW!! Way to go!
  • Eb126
    Eb126 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! Amazing weight loss! Well done!!!!!

And as for the pants - I say do it!!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I have an old pair I want to use for picture taking, holding out the waistband.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I keep a large picture of myself thin as a visual to motivate me. Underneath the picture it says "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."

If having the large size pants works for a visual go with it. 110 pounds....YES...great work
  • sarahemily72
    Options
    Go to your favorite store and find a pair of 46s.....Get a friend to take a picture of you holding them up and frame it!
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I have my skinny jeans from last summer that I use as motivation because I want to get back into them... almost there. I would go to a thrift store so that way you're not dropping a lot of money on pants you'll NEVER wear. : )

Congrats on the loss too, that's awesome!
  • SaraShyding
    SaraShyding Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you could go to the store and take a picture of yourself holding them next to you for comparison and print out a large copy of that. Short of being life size perhaps that would have the same effect and you wouldn't actually have to buy the pants that you will never wear.
  • MrMVP2011
    Options
    Thank you for everyone who has replied so far as I am very greatful for the support and encouragement you all have provided! This was my first ever message board post I've made too, I've always just been replying to peoples but when I needed support people came through. I am going to check the second hand store because I bought all my nice new clothes at a salvation army for 49 cents each so I didn't break the bank on that. I have brand names such as Nike, Reebok, Addidas, Ralph Lauren, Chaps, Izod, Tommy, Levi, and etc... I figure it can't hurt to go check, but we'll see if I can find a pair of 46's. I love the idea of going to the store and having someone take my picture. It almost made me cry thinking about doing that because just the thought of having to EVER make that purchase again won't happen again! I will do the picture soon and see if I can post it online for you all to see. If anyone else is looking for some support on here, don't be afraid to add me and we can be friends and push each other. :)

Have a wonderful day!

Mike
  • Miggy52
    Miggy52 Posts: 164
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss you have done an awesome job....
  • qthompson
    Options
    Go to your favorite store and find a pair of 46s.....Get a friend to take a picture of you holding them up and frame it!

^^:love:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!