New user - wanting to loose 100lbs 34yo female

Options
Hello, I am Nichole and I am 34 with 3 kids ages 13, 7 and 7. We live in Palmyra, PA. Recently I had a mental breakdown thus loosing my job, a week later my husband/significant other lost his job as well. We have been making it and I have faith that hte lord will work it all out. Since I am now unemployed, I really have time to focus on me and my weight loss. I have already started making some changes to my eating habits and drinking habits (soda - cut it out completely) and have started with taking 45 minute walks everyday. Tonight I have been listening to different music to put onto an mp3 player to help keep me motivated while walking or working out. I woud love supporters and suggestions on what you have found successful in your weight loss and excercise etc. Share recipes etc.
Thank you and god bless

Nichole

Replies

• snookybear
    Options
    Hi Nichole,

I am an Aussie Mum, aiming to lose over 30kg (about 66 lbs) just turned 50.
    The last time I was at my goal weight was 22 years ago.
    It's my wedding anniversary today that has spurred me on.
    Whens the wedding?

Joy
  • Graciefey
    Options
    So sorry to hear of your plight. But when god closes doors he opens windows. You can make this work for you and your family! Soon you and your husband will have new jobs, you will have better health and a great new body and everyone will smile more! Love the journey.
  • doingItIn2012
    doingItIn2012 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hope you that you have better and greater things in store this new year. Keep your head up and take it slow on day at a time. That is how I did it the first time. Feeling lighter and healthier will improve your life immensely.
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    HI NIchole! Welcome! You took the first step to a new healthier you. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. If you can't see it, you may need to change the batteries!! Best wishes to you and your family! Namaste
  • LadyConundra
    LadyConundra Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Nichole,
    I was 35 when I started my journey to losing 100 pounds. I know you can do it. It sounds like you have a good start, keep up the good work. Praying for a job for you.
  • mikatehgr8t
    Options
    Sorry to hear about you losing your job! The economy is so horrible, it's been almost 3 years I've been unemployed and I'm just hoping the economy gets better for everyone. I've been selling a lot of my stuff lately, maybe that will help? :)

In summer 2007, I was a little over 180. I decided to stop eating meat and worked out maybe 30 minutes a day. I was using an exercise program called "the bean" and the bikes at the gym. I dropped 20 pounds in 2 weeks. I think this was mostly my body's reaction to not having meat but it's done me well. Try to stop eating meat, or better yet, cut it out completely. Or you can try what I later switched to, a pescetarian diet where I don't eat land animals (chicken, bacon, steak, burgers, etc.) Basically fish :)

Now, I'm consuming 1200 calories and burning 1300-1400/day. What I do is divide my workouts. Most of the time I do 2 60 minute cardio workouts which are around 690-720 each so I get in between that goal. If you want to burn a high amount of calories, you've gotta put in the time! Sometimes, I'm in the gym for around 4 hours doing 2-3 hours of cardio and then the remaining time for weights. Say if you wanted to burn 1000 calories a day. Divide it. You could try doing 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or little workouts and when you're done add them up to get to your goal.

Now you've gotta stay motivated! One thing I do before I go to the gym is look at pictures of people are lean. looking at their body motivates me to get off my computer and get to the gym! I also have pics on my phone for when I'm out and thinking of something fattening.

MUSIC - everyone has their own taste but for me, electronica, house, dance, electropop, alternative. This stuff really moves you! If it doesn't sound appealing just give it a try. But that's my secret weapon when I'm on the machines at the gym. In fact, I subconciously move to the tempo of the song. Because these songs are fast I'm moving fast but I'm not really tiring. This makes my workout fun! Some suggestions to check on Youtube -

FAST - Deadmau5 - ghosts n stuff, brazil, strobe, the 16th hour, cat on a leash, right this second, some kind of blue, sofi needs a ladder (tails prowler remix)
    DatA - skywriter, blood theme

MEDIUM or CALM - 009 Sound System - trinity, speak to angels,
    telepopmusik - breathe (my fave!), breathe remix, genetic world.
    Mark Ronson - stop me
    David Guetta ft Usher - Without You
    Angels & Airwaves - Do it for me now
    Fefe Dobson - Can't Breathe
    Armin Van Buuren - ft Adam Young - Youtopia, Vice Versa
    Owl City - Hello Seattle (remix), strawberry avalanche, tidal waves
    4mal - Spain Rain, Time is Burning ft Gliss, Red Dust (V Sag Remix), Tomorrow Never Comes ft Etiket
    Sensorica - Sunlight Again
    Sigur Ros - Hljomalind (VERY RELAXING SONG!)

009 sound system, deadmau5, 4mal, telepopmusic, sensorica, are really great during a workout.

OH YEAH! BRING LOTS OF WATER! I go through 2 bottles of water so I ended up getting this neat jug which holds probably about 8 cups of water. It's hard plastic, green, and has a bottle cap on top. Try to go for ice cold water as drinking ice cold water burns calories as well.

Meals - not gonna lie, CALORIE COUNTING HELPS! People underestimate it, but it really helps! You have to burn more than you eat. So if you're gonna deduct it, you gotta track what you're eating. Allow yourself one cheat day a week. I just eat ONE cheat meal a week.