BodyMedia Link vs. Core

Options
Does anyone know the difference between the BodyMedia Link vs. Core? I am looking at getting one but want to make sure I get what I need and not more than I need.

Replies

• mrichternh
    mrichternh Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Im not 100% sure about the difference but what I do know is that the Core is smaller and the Link can be used with your smartphone. I just bought the Link because of that. I like being able to check my progress during the day without having to hook the BodyMedia up to my laptop.
  • mrichternh
    mrichternh Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That's what I was thinking. So maybe I will get the Link. I see you are using Turbo Fire. How do you feel about it? I have limited time for a work out, would I be able to use this?
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That's what I was thinking. So maybe I will get the Link. I see you are using Turbo Fire. How do you feel about it? I have limited time for a work out, would I be able to use this?

Just be sure the phone you have is compatible...there's a list on their website. Mine wasn't compatible so I got the Core instead.

You're going to love it!
  • ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I got the link without Bluetooth. But I purchased on ebay. Ended up with unit and 12 month subscription for around $80. I LOVE it so far! Good luck deciding. :) I couldn't bring myself to spend 200+ and run the risk of not using it.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options

Just be sure the phone you have is compatible...there's a list on their website. Mine wasn't compatible so I got the Core instead.

You're going to love it!

If your phone is not compatible, then you can get the display. I got one, and I use it a lot. You can see the number of steps, minutes of activity, and calories burned for the previous day, the current day up to that point, and the target. There is also a trip meter that shows all these things as well; I zero my trip meter when I start a workout, then check it at the end so I know how much I burned for just my workout. Really helps me know my burn more accurately (and yes, the numbers are considerably lower than MFP's estimates).