Wii Active

Options
I get to pick up my Wii Active today at lunch and I can't wait. I love my Wii Fit but this should take it to the next level? Is anyone else getting this?

Replies

• chicaloca6470
    chicaloca6470 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i have to wait for mine to come in the mail i got it free so waiting is gonna suck
  • bh34
    bh34 Posts: 94
    Options
    I get to pick up my Wii Active today at lunch and I can't wait. I love my Wii Fit but this should take it to the next level? Is anyone else getting this?

If you don't mind me asking, is it very expensive?
  • Jrgal
    Jrgal Posts: 46
    Options
    i have to wait for mine to come in the mail i got it free so waiting is gonna suck

I would be glad to wait to get it for free. That is so cool!
  • Jrgal
    Options
    Mine was $64 tax and all. A little more than I would normally pay for a work out video or game but still not bad. I am hoping it will be worth the money.
  • bh34
    bh34 Posts: 94
    Options
    Mine was $64 tax and all. A little more than I would normally pay for a work out video or game but still not bad. I am hoping it will be worth the money.

That's not bad, if it works. How much does the whole WII system cost?
  • Jrgal
    Options
    I think my Wii was $254 for one of the bundles. The Wii Fit was $90. I have gotten my moneys worth out of it though. I use it dailey. I also use the Golds Gym Cardio Fitness and the My Fitness Coach. I bought the Jullian Michael's workout but it was a huge disappointment and a big waste of money. THe other two have been great and it mixes up your routine so no two are just alike and they are customized to me unlike a workout dvd.
  • magnolia1077
    Options
    I got the wii fit for Mother's Day and so far I have enjoyed it. I really wanted it so I could get Jillian's workout. I just read that someone was disappointed. Tell me more before I buy it.
  • Jrgal
    Options
    I got the wii fit for Mother's Day and so far I have enjoyed it. I really wanted it so I could get Jillian's workout. I just read that someone was disappointed. Tell me more before I buy it.
    There is a group of 5 of us that each bought one. It does not reconize your movements. It just doesn't work. We were all having the same issues. You would be working hard to complete each task and she would just be standing there not doing anything. I would get so fustrated that I would walk out of the room and fold laundry or was dishes while it was on and it would tell me the standard "good job, keep it up". I wasn't even in the room!!!! When you work hard to complete a 20 minute work out, since it does not acknowledge your movements, at the end it would tell you that you "successfully completed work out number what ever and you have burned 17 calories. None of us could get it to work. I had a friend of mine that told me that I must be doing it wrong so she borrowed it and brought it back a few days later and told me she hated it.

If this is something you really want, I would check out the reviews first.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

I have the jillian work out and I don't like it very much at all. For one it's super sensitive and most times doesn't even detect when you do a movement which is annoying. There are a few exercises that are good, but I think the wii fit is waaaay better. The only nice thing about the Jillian work out is that you can select specific work outs and have them go back to back with out having to go back to the main screen and select the next exercise like on the wii fit.
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    My 30th birthday is coming up very soon and this is on my birthday list.
    Cannot wait!!!

Jillian Michaels game sucks
    Golds Gym Cardio Workout is good

~Jo :flowerforyou:
  • Jrgal
    Options
    Oh, I love the active! It kicked my butt on the 20 minute easy workout. I can't imagine how the hard will be. I am really sore today but I think that is a good thing.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    What is the wii active?

I have the wii fit and the My Fitness Coach(only did htat once so far) and i alsoo have the Gold'sGym Cardio(havent opened it yet) I'm not really into doing workout dvd's, i just can't get motivated to do them. I need to get out of the house to the gym to do any strength training it seems, i'm fine with my treadmill everyday, but really need something i am going to like to be able to do it at home, so what is the wii active and maybe that will get me working out more at home?
  • chicaloca6470
    chicaloca6470 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    ive had no trouble with my wii fit other than the run(come to find out its all in your arm movments to get your character going). they are comming out with a much better remote for the wii fit its gonna cost like 80$ but im gonna buy it. we paid 245 for our wii but you should really check out ebay some of the bids are pretty low!!
  • horstboys5
    horstboys5 Posts: 36
    Options
    :wink: I just got the wii active today and did day one of the 30 day challenge. I really liked it alot and worked up a good sweat, even with the tutorials in the workout. I burned 177 calories in 30 minutes and it was hard! I can't wait to get used to the different programs and see what it can do! I've never had any of the wii fit so this is my first exposure to workout video games. Loved it!
  • anniej
    anniej Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi - I picked up my Wii Active yesterday and it's great! The workouts do work up a sweat. I did have a problem with the leg band sliding but I think it was due to the fabric - definitely not the thinness of my thighs!

I agree with everyone's review of Jillian's workout - waste of money.
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Just finished my second workout with EA Active, and I am really loving it. I am starting out on the low intensity 30 day challenge. I definitely work up a sweat.
  • Steebs3
    Steebs3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine just bought the Active and she loves it. She has both the Wii Fit and Wii Active and she highly suggests the Active.
  • srayking
    srayking Posts: 11
    Options
    I want one so bad.... I am going to start saving for it today!!!
  • queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Options
    I just bought mine last weekend and will be joining the 30 day challenge team on this site. Haven't used it yet but set up my profile. I also have wii fit and love it. That hula hoop is something else. Forget about the soccer game. I get hit in the head with everything but the ball. My balance need work. I haven't laughed at myself like that in a long time.

Definitely recommend anyone thinking about getting the wii, to get it!!!
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Love the Ea Active game, i did day 1 of the 30 day challenge yesterday, i'm gonna do day 2 now! I started on easy and it made me sweat! Cant wait to keep going, and I like that unlike the wii fit, it just gives you the whole workout without having to go back to the menu after every exercise.