My story (with pics)

Options
So my weight loss journey started on July 4, 2011. My family had just returned from Disney World the week before and after looking back on our vacation pics I was absolutely horrified at how big and awful looking I had let myself get. I mean I knew I was big but those pics was an absolute shocker. They were definetly my breaking point. I was the biggest I had ever been at 234 lbs. (Makes me stick to even think of that) I started out trying to keep a food diary but it was hard to remember to write everything down and I could never find my notebook so I managed but it was by no means easy. Thankfully I found MFP app on my iPhone and it has been an absolute lifesaver.

The holidays did set me back a lil...not much but I gained over Thanksgiving then lost it plus a few more, then gained at Christmas and have finally lost it. So here I am 190 lbs. I went from a size 20 jeans and XXL shirts to 13/14 jeans and Large shirts. Christmas shopping was so fun this year...I could actually shop without being restricted to the plus size section - heck I didn't even get no where near that section.

The best Christmas present I got this year, I gave to myself....Self Confindence!!

I still have 40 lbs to lose before I reach my ultimate goal but I am so proud of how far I've come. Never ever did I ever think a weight loss of 44 lbs was doable for me...but I did it and I'm gonna continue doing it!!!

663-1-2-1-1.jpg

Replies

• lynetteemily
    Options
    well done,
    you are so so clever!!! I am starting at the same weight as your starting weight!! This gives me huge hope and motivation! It can be done :)
  • rachelxanne
    rachelxanne Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well done! I think you look great and your story is inspiring. Self confidence is definitely the greatest feeling!
  • Miss_Z_87
    Options
    Wow you look awesome, congrats on your hard work :)
  • jwolfdh
    jwolfdh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    your story and your pics make me so happy!!! congrats!
  • AlliGM
    AlliGM Posts: 86
    Options
    Bravo! You look fantastic. Similar weight and goals. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Cheers,
    Alli
  • Tao83
    Tao83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. I know how hard you must have worked to get here..
  • Acherona
    Acherona Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Awesome well done girl!

Gives me so much more motivation and you look great, good on you :)
  • CarbAvor
    Options
    I wish I could "Report Post" for you being an over achiever! lol Thank you for your inspiration! I needed that!
  • carlyJow
    Options
    :smile: Well done you have done great!
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    you fantastic, great job
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Great job, amazing difference
  • monkeymouse74
    Options
    You look beautiful... well done :flowerforyou:
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Fab! Well done xxxx
  • kmaddig
    Options
    You look pretty amazing! Great job!! Thanks for posting... gives me hope. We look a little alike (same coloring and hairstyle) so I am going to look at your pictures and pretend it's me.... :laugh:
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    You look really great!!!!
  • jjbell34
    Options
    You look great girl!!! Keep up the good work!! :-)
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.
  • jeankh
    jeankh Posts: 68
    Options
    you look great :)
  • ukjake3
    ukjake3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie, you look absolutely gorgeous! Go Cats!
  • dmcklouky
    dmcklouky Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    so inspiring thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!