New user looking to loose 100 more lbs. Share your tips plea

Options
I am a 36 year old wife and mother of two. I game on xbox when I can. I recently had the lap band done in Aug. They said it is a slow process. Well I lost 42lbs since aug. I started to work out in the gym..(with my kids). something I have not done in 16 years. :-/ I have a dietitian that gives me great advice. I will share all this information with you and request that you share your tips with me.

These are the songs I work out to.
All around me Flyleaf
BoomBoomPow BEP
Lets get it started BEP
Pretty Girl Rock
Shake your pom pom
what the hell avril lavigne
run the world beyonce
hips dont lie shakira
this is what rock n roll looks like porcelain black
raised by wolves falling in reverse
on the floor jennifer lopez
price tag jessie j
crazy snoop
regulate warren g
pon de replay rihanna
raise your glass pink

Food :
I eat dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner. It helps and it works.
carnation instant breakfast sugar free or jimmy dean low fat breakfast sandwiches (high in protean)
lots of protein and veggies. Lean meat. Watch what you drink... so many of my cals. came from coffee drinks. :-p boo I know.

vitamins:
vitamin Centrum one a day
calcium on a day.

Trainer:
I start him on Monday.. info to share. I do know he said try to reach 10000 steps a day.

Replies

• mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I think what I have learned is never do a circuit/routine at the gym for more than 3 weeks or so, change things and your body will have to adjust so you won't get stuck in a rut and your weight loss shouldn't plateau.

Erm what else, my PT said 5 or six meals a day, most of your carbs in your breakfast i.e. porridge then your basically 'cutting' through the day and trying to keep to 12gms of good fats in a day which is really hard. Things like almonds, olive oil etc etc you can google it.

Running is really good but really hard for me at least, I run to marine corps cadence because the beat is constant. I find when listening to music which I do to most other workouts I do, I tend to drop steps and lose track so that one is horses for courses.

Let me know if you're looking for anything specific i'll see if I can help?

Clark
  • patricia_love
    Options
    Hi and welcome! One thing that has worked for me is using smaller plates and glasses for food, especially for stuff that's high in calories. For example, i only drink unsweteened iced tea or water in a large glass, but i love orange juice. Since it is so sugary, i don't drink a regular glass a day. I just use a small tequila shot and drink one, maybe two of those a day.

It might sound silly, but i have seen a big difference from things like that!.