Cellulite

Options
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if those of you that have lost weight and once had cellulite, have you noticed a reduction?

Also i have noticed that i have seen many women that are thin with cellulite and many that are overweight with lovely smooth legs.... what is it with that?
Just a whinge!

Replies

• megannicolex33
    Options
    I'm curious about this question too. I sure hope the cellulite goes away as we lose weight!
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I've had cellulite and lost it, but not from weight loss, from exercise.
    The times I've dieted but not exercised its stayed the same.
    A few months ago it was the worst its ever been and I dropped 5 kg then gain back 2.5 over xmas,
    but right now I weight 80kg and have no cellulite.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I used to have quite a lot on the backs of my legs (at top) but dont have much now, I dotn think its from losing weight but think from drinking more water and increasing my exercise.

I cant prove it but thats what I think x
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of it is down to genetics sadly, but def exercise, toning and brushing your legs to get the circulation has helped me. Men dont get any really because their 'fat net' sort of looks like fish nets where as ours looks like the plastic holes that holds beer cans together, thats the only thing I can think of, so thats why our 'fat dimples' bulge out more than mens. Urgh!
  • eagle_01
    Options
    No matter what size I am if I don't exercise I have more of it and when I exercise less of it.

In 2008 my cellulite disappeared - I might have had a microscopic ripple somewhere, but not that I could see! - without me even trying and that was thanks to swimming three times a week for six months, sadly I didn't keep that up and got the cellulite back again.
  • Alachofra15
    Alachofra15 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's mostly genetics which is why some people that are a perfectly healthy weight have it and some that are overweight don't.

Yeah exercise helps most, there are some treatments that 'flush out toxins' you can get at beauty salons - but I'm not convinced by these personally. Better I would say are powerplate classes - try going to one a week.
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    BeautyAndStrength50 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I had it alot worse when I was heavier. Exercising helps alot so its changed for me for the better. Still there but better
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    i lost mine with water and exercise, walking running and the shred:smile:
  • andrea7164
    Options
    Thanks everyone,

At least there's hope with hard work and exercise!
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think I have any cellulite anymore and if I do it is very small! I used to have it all over and just realized after reading your post that I don't have much at all now :)
  • MuffRuff
    MuffRuff Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is just something most if not all women have. However, I have noticed that strengthening exercises help greatly along with other exercises and eating well to reduce it. I have cellulite, but it is slowly going away do to the above reasons.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Noticed a huge reduction in mine - it's nearly all gone. I do heavy weight training 3x a week along with clean eating! So, yes it can be done!
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Genetics plays a huge role. I had cellulite on the back of my thighs when I was a little bit heavier. Its pretty much gone now after a lot of running, squats, dead lifts, lunges and water but there are still certain positions I'm in when stretching that I can see a little bit. Its irritating but I don't know they I can ever get rid of it without being at such a low weight that it isn't maintainable.
  • emberin
    emberin Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've always had it. When I was younger, I got sick and was under weight. I STILL had it, even though I was basically skin and bones. I'm hoping that a lot of running and squats will help.
  • INSANITY43
    Options
    Genetics play a role...but cellulite shows when the elasticity in your skin is weak and the underlying tissue (aka fat :grumble: ) dimples through. That is why thin people can have cellulite too. Excercise, Healthy diet, and increased water are your best bests to help reduce the appearance of cellulite. And yes it can "go away" as my 18 year old daughter pointed out to me while trying on clothes with me at a department store....."Mom - I can really tell you've lost weight and toned up .... your legs aren't so cellulite-y and jiggley" I guess that I should take that as a complement???? :laugh: