Rollarcoaster Dieter

Options
Hi everyone, i am new on here. A few years ago I signed up to create a ticker, but didn't utilize the full site until this week when my sister told me how awesome it is. I have rode the diet rollarcoaster for 10 years now. I am looking for consistancy. I am over 40. Not only do I want to look amazing for my 25 year class reunion this summer, but i also need to think about my health. I have several health issues that run in my family. My biggest concerns are heart disease and diabetes. I am looking for friends who are not shy at providing helpful criticism. I have my diary open to the public. I'm not into diet fads and I will eat a little sugar each day (mainly in my coffee). My food goal is a healthier, everything in moderation type. I am open to any suggestions about how to enjoy my favorite foods in a healthier manner. So, needless to say, I am excited about using this site and achieving my goals.

Replies

• Skurz47
    Skurz47 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks for accepting my request! I look forward to supporting you and helping in anyway I can!

My short term goal is getting ready for a beach vacation in late April and not having to buy to many new clothes for it. My summer wardrobe isn't flattering at the moment, some just scarey... Long term I have health issues to consider and a wish to appear younger forever and enjoy my draughters and husband.

Sound like a plan? See you around, i'll be checking in on you!
  • karenpfleger
    karenpfleger Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome. I also want to be healthy. I have had some unexpected weight gain, and I am not sure why. My real goal is 3 inches off my waist, but I assume that is about 30 pounds. I have suddenly gained a lot of weight and it's almost all around my mid-section. I started working with a trainer a month ago. He and I sat down and went through diet stuff yesterday. I'd love to help support each other any way we can.
  • CJKopp
    CJKopp Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Riasntx , I feel ya ! :) I too am on the wonderful rollercoaster ride that just won't stop. Everyday I wake up, I think OK I am not going to eat that scrumptious bag of barbq chips in the cabinet and everyday I open the bag. Unfortunately, my family does not share my need/want to eat healthier. My husband is the bread winner and when he asks for chips, soda etc... I get it. One of these days I will have the will power to say NO to the chips, but until then I am going to the gym as much as I can and jogging on the treadmill. In doing this, my knees and lower back have stopped aching and I am sleeping better (even with my husband snoring away).
    Since my mother's side also have health issues, turning 40 has made me realize I better start taking care of myself. I look forward to having this website and buddies to help me out and someone that I too can help.
    Talk to ya soon and Hang in there :)
  • riasntx
    riasntx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Skurz47 on your goals. I believe Beach vacations are one of the best motivators.