Protein Powder

Options
I need help! I have tried various brands, flavors, etc and I CAN NOT stand the smell or taste of protein powder! It's so bad that I won't even let my boyfriend drink his in the car because it makes me gag!

Any suggestions??

Replies

• EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey Gold Standard from GNC. The vanilla ice cream with low-fat milk tastes like a milk shake....others like the chocolate that they have but I didn't......never really liked chocolate ice cream. They are a little pricey because it is whey isolate which is a better protein for you.....Google it....You may be able to get a sample pack if you have a GNC near you or look on www.bodybuilding.com as they tend to have great prices as well

Good luck!!
  • EddieG77
    Options
    Another suggestion that I do is add some frozen fruit to it.....I add frozen blueberries with half a banana with the whey protein and milk and purchased one of those individual blenders at Walmart for $15.....now that tastes fantastic and you won't taste the whey!!!

Cheers
    Ed
  • erqueenie
    erqueenie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have had bypass and have tried most of them. The best I've found is Isopure unflavored/natural. I mix it in everything. I get in 80-110 gms daily.
  • fatinjapan
    Options
    Synthia 6 works for me. Muscle milk is okay too. Not sure if they would pass your test though :)
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% gold! You will not find a better one.. I have put all my mates both girls and guys onto this... Every single one of them hated protein powders, but they really enjoy this one as I do! Its your best bet!
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    If the smell bothers you, would a squeeze bottle help? Or a cup with a lid and straw?
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard is pretty awesome!

Lots of options: http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Standard-Double-Chocolate/dp/B000QSNYGI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I recommend you go with a flavor that many people are saying tastes good. Stay way the Hell away from Cookies and Cream.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Do you like Soy? Soy Milk or Soy beans?

You may want to try soy protein shakes. Or you may want to try soy beans or edamame beans as a source of protein.
  • EddieG77
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard is pretty awesome!

Lots of options: http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Standard-Double-Chocolate/dp/B000QSNYGI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I recommend you go with a flavor that many people are saying tastes good. Stay way the Hell away from Cookies and Cream.

Agreed on the Cookies and Cream!!
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I totally recommend getting your pretein elsewhere. Like meat and nuts and stuff. I am not a fan of supplements or vitamin pills etc.
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    liquid egg whites in a carton may be the best protein answer ever--and boy was I surprised to find 2 brands of it on the shelf at WalMart! tasteless, 0 fat and sugar and maybe the highest ratio of protein to calories out there. Mix it into anything and you have an instant protein boost. 2 TBS = about 9 gm protein.
  • coolcatcan
    coolcatcan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I drink GNC's Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60. I am very picky about how things taste as well, and I love the chocolate. To me it's like a milk shake and when I add bananas or peanut butter it's like having a treat. I have to warn you it's expensive, but it's good quality protein with BCAAs added to help you build muscle. You just have to catch them while they have a sale. Hope this helps....good luck!
  • suzruns2
    suzruns2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    GNC Pro Performance® 100% Whey Protein - Banana Cream ... Tastes just like banana cream pie!
  • vicbre2010
    vicbre2010 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, I use HealthOne shakes, they come in individual packets. I add frozen fruit to it to give it a different flavor other than vanilla. They taste pretty good, not chalky & you can also make muffins & pudding, if you like. I love adding frozen strawberries and peaches and pineapples to my shakes. You can even substitute water for 1% or 2% milk, apple juice or cranberry. Good luck & I hope you find one that you can stomach :)
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I use APEX chocolate WHEY protein. Its awesome and only 110 cals per serving!!!
  • I use Holland and Barratt (UK) soya protein isolate powder as I'm vegan - both the chocolate and the strawberry are good
  • MomisgettingFIT
    Options
    Pure Protein 100 % Whey Protein, Frosty Chocolate is pretty good too .
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I use GNC Lean 25 protein powder, in chocolate. It's yummy and has no odor.
  • rjwestover
    Options
    Dymatize Elite Natural...The Natural line doesn't have the amount of fillers and chemicals as others do. It is also sweetened with Stevia vs. Sucralose. My wife drinks the Chocolate w/ water because there isn't much aftertaste. She's not a fan of any other protein powders. I highly recommend.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I do Ed........