30lbs--outta here! (Pics)

Options
KimmehL
KimmehL Posts: 373 Member
The below pics are about 1 year apart. the before is right before my wedding--wish I would have had the motivation to get this done before then...but spilled milk, right?:sad:

I just wanted to post this to say...I am 44 years old, have given birth to 4 children, two who still live at home and have a million sports practices, games, homework, friend stuff etc, two step-kids with the same type of schedule, I work full time, have an hour commute each way, and also travel every two week back and forth between New Jersey and Texas. I am busy, crazy busy. I also teach a college class occasionally. If I can find the time to workout and the motivation to eat well, you can too:) For most of my adult life, I have been a caretaker--making sure everyone was happy and their needs met, mine came second. Somehow, I am still taking care of everyone and taking care of myself too! I am worth it.

I am 5'4". Started off at 210, I am at 180 now, and my goal at the moment is 145ish. I will evaluate how I feel and look at that point to see if I want to go lower. I have been running and/or walking fast on the tread with a varied incline--at least 4 times a week. I just incorporated light lifting into my schedule a few weeks ago and I am going to amp that up in the next couple of weeks. My diet isn't perfect, I try hard, and am getting better at eating less processed, more fresh. I don't deny myself anything if I want it, i just eat way less of it than I used to. I have my base calories set to 1350 and I eat at least half if not all of my exercise calories back. I started MFP on September 7th, 2011.

Before: (me and my oldest daughter)

kimlex-1.jpg

After:

IMG_9911-1.jpg

Replies

• GoldSag1
    GoldSag1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!
  • Mrs_Moe
    Mrs_Moe Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    great job! ....and I love your top in the second picture....super cute on you!
  • sdegonzalez
    sdegonzalez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! Way to go. I'm in the same crazy busy boat and I need to hear that if you can do it I can too (3 hour commute 3 days a week, teaching, 2 kids etc.etc.etc.). Way to go!!
  • FitandFierce
    Options
    wow! great job (:
  • vox23
    vox23 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic! Way to go!!!
  • ShellyBrew
    Options
    You look fabulous Kim.

I got tired just reading about your crazy life; no more excuses when it comes to working out or eating heathly.

Your a wonderful inspiration and I am super happy we are friends :flowerforyou:
  • LauraRose03
    Options
    You are awesome! Way to go. I'm in the same crazy busy boat and I need to hear that if you can do it I can too (3 hour commute 3 days a week, teaching, 2 kids etc.etc.etc.). Way to go!!

Way to go both of you, with these busy schedules!!!!!! I worry about weight loss/taking care of myself after I have kids (I don't have any yet), so this is very, very inspiring!!! Keep up the great work ladies!!!!
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    You have a great attitude and that's half the battle!! Awesome job!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    You look great Kim and young too for 44!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    You're looking GORGEOUS! Keep up the great work!
  • ecronick
    ecronick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Great job Kim, I know I can always look to you for inspiration!! :)
  • wendalyse
    wendalyse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ummm..... which one is you and which one is your daughter?
    You look very lovely! You are on the right track! Keep it up!!
  • fortunerose
    Options
    Oh my .... You Look Awesome !
  • netztoy
    netztoy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    you look pretty on both pics...as someone previously stated, you guys look like sisters.... Congrats on your weight loss!!
  • jwolfdh
    jwolfdh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    what a difference all around! very inspiring, especially since i've been struggling with the whole work/food/exercise balance lately. THANKS FOR POSTING!!!!!!!!
  • jwolfdh
    jwolfdh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    what a difference all around! very inspiring, especially since i've been struggling with the whole work/food/exercise balance lately. THANKS FOR POSTING!!!!!!!!
  • pjholcomb
    pjholcomb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    You look amazing and I hope you dont mind me saying you SO don't look 44. I would have said 30/31.
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    Good work, and super cute top in your after picture!!! Oh and that's a nutty schedule, way to fit everything in!!!
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    yeah I love the top too! You look fab and you are an inspiration. And yeah, you look sooo young. I'd never have guessed 44! :noway:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!