Exercise advice.

Options
I live in the country and we have a lot of snow. I am not able to take the baby out waking and am not able to get away from the kiddos long enough to go to a gym. Does anyone have any suggestions on good cardio exercise I can do at home? Any advice or tips would be great!

Replies

• WannaBHottyMommy
    WannaBHottyMommy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    300 jumping jacks 300 jump ropes(with or with out rope)
  • fittraier
    fittraier Posts: 138
    Options
    you might be able to find some stuff online for free. do you have an xbox kinnect, wii, or PS3? they all have exercise "games" that are great. Some at home videos. I would say if you can, since you live in snowy area...xcoutnry ski and snow shoe...if you can!!! not sure how big your little one is, but there are options for taking them along!
  • jdjefferson
    Options
    Do you have a bike? If so, a modest investment (+/-$300) will get you an indoor resistance trainer for your bike. It's easy to set up and can be put away conveniently after each use. It's relatively quiet too. Otherwise, jump rope, run up and down stairs, or just do core exercises.
  • kmhallett
    kmhallett Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I finally cracked down and bought the little guys a wii so maybe I will buy something for it. Unfortuantley my youngest is only about 11 months so out in the snow is not ideal yet. But I cant wait to get out there.
  • leestanley3
    leestanley3 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you are after cardio it may be better to do a mini circuit for 10 minutes if you have time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtjRYNGkYhQ

Or the 5 minute circuit break and then go again. The main exercises to include would be squats lunges or half squats and half lunges press ups, and burpees, even if you can only do a few they will really use all your big muslces.

If its pure cardio, stairs are a good one, record your laps in a certain time frame and always aim to beat it the following session. This way you know you are going to improve session on session.