Any vegans on here?

Options
Hey guys!! I am vegan and can't seem to lose those stubborn last pounds. I don't eat terribly, but when I do eat something good I eat way too much at one time.

People think that vegans are super thin- but I am NOT! I cut out all animal products for ethical reasons and keep going up and down in weight.

Any vegans on here who have any advice, recipes, or want to be weight loss buddies?

Replies

• SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    request sent
  • GretaJane
    GretaJane Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am pescatarian but eat and cook a lot of vegan food and was a strict vegan for 9 years. I have started eating fish and dairy, and have found a balance. I know it can be hard eating vegan and it's so easy to eat really starch heavy foods or go out to a restaurant and just get chips because there is no other vegan option.

Would love to share recipies and ideas, friend me if you like!

Some of my favourite vegan foods are: Hummus and veggies, edamame (soy) beans, stir fries and curries with lots of fresh vegetables, salad with thai peanut dressing, tabouleh, pesto pasta salad, falafel, bean salads, mexican beans with guacamole over salad. :smile:
  • dmcmillion
    Options
    GretaJane, I would be interested in your recipes. I am trying to convert over to eating less animal fat and more veggies, no sugar and just good food. I am reading this book called 12 Steps to Raw Foods. The author is Victoria Boutenko. She suggest that I go cold turkey on raw diet but I still want some meat. :)
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm a fairly new vegan, two years on 1/1/2012. I tend to eat whole foods and rarely eat processed foods.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan... and, yes, it's too easy to eat too much "healthy vegan" food... but, it's also easy to take it off with healthy, vegan food! :happy: