Would love to introduce myself & make some friends :)

Options
Hey Y'all. My name is Liz, I'm 27 years old, and am desperately trying to lose weight and get healthy! I've struggled with my weight since high school, and it's affected my life in all areas. I've been married for 7 years, I have a dog, and a cat, and a very loving family. I would love to make friends on here who can help support me through this journey, and in turn who I can help support as well :)

I want to lose weight and get in shape so I can feel good about myself. I am tired of looking in the mirror and hating what I see. I'm tired of feeling ashamed of how I look, and how I feel. I really want to have a child one day, and I can't until I lose this weight. I suffer from PCOS, and depression, and I know that losing weight will help both of those. I have also suffered from mixed/multiple eating disorder issues in the past, and I really want to do this the healthy way this time around!

Thanks for listening, and I wish the best to everyone in 2012 :)

-Liz:flowerforyou:

Replies

• l0rahhh
    Options
    The people on MFP will definitely help with motivation! I've had so much support, and I've only just joined like you!

:) Good luck i'm sure you'll do great!xxx
  • KylieBarstow
    Options
    Welcome Liz! Feel free to send a request my way! I would love to join you on your journey! Best of luck! :)
  • TinaRodina
    TinaRodina Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck :)
  • ManicMonday
    Options
    Lovely to meet you and you've come to the right place. I too have had "eating issues" in the past and doing it properly this way round is really the best way to go. Be honest with yourself with your food diary and log EVERYTHING, even those few crisps you finished of hubbies, because its the grazing that stacks up the calories. I was drinking 4 cans of coke a day and couldnt understand why I was putting on the weight! A couple of days of logging in here soon opened my eyes LOL

xx
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am on here every weekday and Also have PCOS, am 28 (for 2 more weeks), and am trying to get to 150 (from 204 this time around, from 342 overall) Send me a request!
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to send me a friend request if you want to. I'm 26, married, have one child and two dogs. :)
  • krys72599
    krys72599 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, Liz, and everyone else!

My name is Krys and I live in NJ. I'm 51 and I don't like exercise but I do like food. Not a great combo, I know! My husband is 60 and will be retiring in a couple of years and he's as fit as they come, and so active that we all jokingly refer to him as the Energizer Bunny (when I'm not out of breath trying to keep up with him!). I'd love to be able to keep up with him when he retires, and in the shape I'm in now, that's not going to happen.

I'm not extremely overweight or unhealthy - I'm lucky that way. In my dreams I'd love to lose about 25 lbs but in reality I'd be happy with 10-15! I sit around a lot - my favorite activties are very sedentary: reading, TV/movies, my laptop, scrapping, things like that. I really do need some get-up-and-go so I joined a gym and am just trying to get into a routine.

I took a class with a trainer but didn't like her very much so I might try another one, just to try to help me find a routine I like - I won't like it 'cause it's exercise, but she wasn't very encouraging or supportive so I think I just need a different one. And a change of attitude, I know - I'm working on that, too!

We've already made some adjustments to our eating: it's just the two of us and it was real easy, leaving for work before 7am and getting home after 6pm and spending weekends away from home (we have a lake house), it was real easy to rely on fast foods - subs, Burger King, Panera... We were home for the holidays and cooked a lot of food; some of it is frozen now so we can eat homecooked meals (MUCH healthier) at least for the next couple of weeks. I'm going to browse around for good quick recipes to stay on track...

I took a picture of myself in my workout clothes for another project and - OMG! I had no idea! 2-D is very different from looking in the mirror, so right now I have a lot of enthusiasm for exercising and eating healthy - just hope I don't fall off the wagon!

Krys
  • packerfan1
    packerfan1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There is alot of support here. Feel free to add as a friend if you like!
  • 84dex
    84dex Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi I'm new here too. I'm 27 for another few day:) I have sent a friend request.
  • Fishing4Stars
    Options
    I've got PCOS too - did you know there is a PCOS group? Eating gluten-free helped me kick the insulin resistance, but be wary if you do decide to go gluten free because the packaged foods (breads, etc.,) are small, but as high calorie as their regular-sized wheat counterparts.

You can do it! I've lost 35lbs since high school and have 5 to 10 more to go. It's a long road but it is worth it - my insulin and blood sugar are totally stable now. Exercise is also great for helping depression and anxiety. Get it, girl!

Feel free to add me.
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz, feel free to add me as a friend. I will be happy to support you on your journey to good health and feeling good about yourself. You will meet great people here and all of us will understand your struggles and offer you encouragement and good ideas. Good luck
  • lizzy1106
    Options
    Hi Liz! My name is Liz too! Welcome!!! :)
  • nymphis
    nymphis Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome, good luck in your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • jaqiswany
    Options
    Hi Liz and everyone ,

Ive just joined this week too and im finding it easy up to now . The site seems very easy to use and being able to get the app on my phone has been great.
    Good Luck and I
  • jaqiswany
    Options
    Hi Liz and everyone ,

Ive just joined this week too and im finding it easy up to now . The site seems very easy to use and being able to get the app on my phone has been great.
    Good Luck and I will send a friend request , Jaqi
  • SuziGee
    Options
    Hi Liz,
    My name is Susan. Best Wishes with your efforts. I just joined on here too. I have had great results in the past but slacked a little this past year. This database seems to work great and it works on my phone!!! Add me as a friend! I would be glad to offer encouragement and may need some myself.
    I started at 217 about 3 years ago; dropped down to 183 and climbed up to 190 in the past year, and now I am energized to get to 165!