Nutrisystem

Options
Looking to network with anyone who is currently doing Nutrisystem. I want to expand my horizons and chat with those that are on the plan. The more people and support, the better it can be! Get in touch with me if you are on Nutrisystem!

Replies

• IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I just started today. This is my 3rd time on the program. I am 36, and my first time was when I was 15. I lost 80lbs in high school and kept the weight off (give or take 20lbs) for most of my life. After college I got a sit-on-my-butt job and the weight came back. I went on Weight Watchers, became a runner, and lost 50lbs. Kept that off a while, until a back injury sidelined me. The weight came on. I am a freelancer and I do a lot of copywriting. I was able to get on the Nutrisystem blogger program in return for detailing my experience. I start around Jan and went till about May. I lost 10lbs. I was taking 9 classes so I could graduate in June and trying to plan a wedding. I just was not motivated enough. I recently started Grad school, am now married, and was invited back in to the program. This time, my husband is doing it with me so I have some support. My back injury is still a problem, so I wont be running again. But, the weight is making the pain unbearable. I have no choice but to get the weight off this time or I will have to face bypass or spinal fusion. No thanks!

I visit the NS forums, but don't post much there. I have been hear for a while and prefer the simplicity of it. Support would be great. Sometimes I feel extremely alone in the NS world!

~Chrystal
  • lesliekae
    lesliekae Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I did the program once before and was quite successful eventhough I found I couldn't eat only the nutrisystem food. Dinner was the most difficult meal for me to eat on nutrisystem. Mostly I think because it is the one meal that I prepared for the family and I had to please more than just myself. I excersized 3 or 4 sometimes 5 times a week for about an hour aerobic only. The results were still very pleasing. I went from 195 to 140 in about 4 months (size 14 to a size 6). The weight stayed off for a year easy but I got caught up in a lot of sitting time because of school and work (size 9). After about a year it started to come back on because I was not eating or excersizing appropriately. When I hit size 11 I was fed up so I recommitted myself to a healthy diet and exercise regiment but then four months in my father passed away and I am ashamed that I succumed to comforting myself with food and lazy sedentary behavior. I'm now back to my original weight almost two years after I lost so much on nutrisystem. I've decided recently that I have to get it back under control but I didn't sign up for the plan. Instead I have decided to order a la carte. My strategy is to eat sensibly at dinner and use nutrisystem for breakfast, lunch, and dessert. It makes sense to me to cut out the excess of other foods that I know I will probably not eat. I calculate it to be about a hundred dollars cheaper a month as well. I bought a few dinners for nights that I might be too tired to prepare a sensible meal. I would love to be friends with anyone on the plan. My only advise is to not depend on the diet alone to get the weight off. I was only doing a treadmill 2 or 3 times a week for a hour the first month on the diet at about a 3mph pace. Toward the end of that four month period I was doing 3 or 4 day a week of one hour on the treadmill 3 to 3.5 mph and 15 to 20 minutes on the elliptical. Use exercise and it will maximize the benefits of the plan. It doesn't have to be strenuous but I would say at least an hour 3 days a week.
  • ncrissey460
    ncrissey460 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i just ordered my nutrisystem basic plan yesterday. im anxiously awaiting its arrival. Im hoping it will help with things.
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    How is the nutrisystem food?
  • sandy_in_sandy_land
    Options
    Hello, I am Sandy I have done Nutrisystem since May 15, 2011. In December I hit -70 then took a two week cruise and gained 14. I am back on track and looking forward to getting to goal this year. I also attend a TOPS group for support. I love NS it is the best thing I have ever tried. I just upped my Advanced program to their new success program. I am looking forward to learning more.
  • ncrissey460
    ncrissey460 Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Its decent. You can really play with the food and make it fit your taste buds
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I like it ok, its very conveniant and I don't think it's bad. Seems a little high in sodium, I try to drink extra water, but I just incorporate it into my regular diet when I'm rushed or lazy. I just stay in my calorie goal.
  • MorganGetsHealthy
    MorganGetsHealthy Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I like some of it - the breakfast bars are really good. I'm not a huge fan of the frozen food or the dinner options.