how often do your weigh-in?

Options
I am 5days into this and was planning on weighing-in once a week. How often do you weigh yourself?

Replies

• cassiejo84
    cassiejo84 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Every day, but only record on Mondays.
  • Radcliffe83
    Options
    once a week. Thinking about changing to once a month but I don't know if I have the will power.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Every day. They say a person's weight can fluctuate by a couple of pounds every day, so I don't wanna just weigh in once a week and have that just happen to be one of those "fluctuating" days and not know where I really am. By weighing in every day, I've got a more steady, more accurate picture of where I am, and I don't find myself bothered by those occasional days where things fluctuate.
  • scoyne999
    scoyne999 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I try not to step on the scale daily because of the minor weight gains/losses and the emotions tied to said ups/downs. I'm going to try for a weekly Tuesday weigh-in.

Good luck with your journey!
  • llEmJayll
    Options
    Once a week is best, I think. I actually find myself looking forward to Tuesdays (my weigh-in day) now!
  • ddeckard46
    ddeckard46 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yep, I weigh-in once per week. I found that it's best for me to weigh-in as soon as I wake up - used to be Wednesdays, but now I've switched to Fridays for support group reasons :)
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Once a week........
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    I try to do it only once a week on the same day at the same time, just after waking and using the restroom. But sometimes I sneak in a middle of the week weigh in, cuz I'm obsessed! lol
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Officially only on Friday morning, averaging out the 4 or 5 times I push the scale around the bathroom floor. Unofficially, I hop on every day.
  • FreshStart89
    FreshStart89 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    once a week.
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    weigh daily but record on Fridays
  • duhad
    duhad Posts: 4
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing!! I'm 3 days in and step on the scale every morning (I know I shouldn't!) but thought of just recording once a week!!!
  • ngags
    ngags Posts: 9
    Options
    Once a week because your weight will flexuate daily so weigh in once a week the same day and time. If you do every day you may get discouraged.
  • kk0223
    kk0223 Posts: 179
    Options
    Every day, but only record on Mondays.

I'm like this. I weight daily pretty much so that I can get an idea of how I'm doing with diet but Monday is only day that counts if I gain or lose.
  • elzbthcry
    Options
    I weigh in daily but only post on Sundays.... ( i need the visual day to day to keep me on track)
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I do it everyday... but i only take the weight seriously every monday.
  • piari
    piari Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself a few times a day because I to see how the scale goes up and down depending on what I eat and how I exercise, but I only record my weight two or three times a week.
  • mroger801
    Options
    I officially weigh myself on Tuesday and Friday. However, when I feel like I need to check myself, I'll jump on the scale between "official" weigh-ins. I've found that this helps keep me accountable and not get too far off the bandwagon if things aren't going in the right direction.
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    EVERY. DAY.

I record everything in a spreadsheet. This way I can see how my decisions effect my endeavors. Here's a screen cap to show you what I'm doing:
    fa860681b33245348a4581b.png

I only record the other physical attributes weekly. Sometimes every 2 weeks depending on how I feel. I've found that I'm much more pleased with the results if I take measurements bi-weekly instead. Pictures every 30-days (approximately). It helps you keep focus if you can physically see the changes. Looking at yourself everyday in the mirror doesn't help, but if you see the difference spread out by comparing month-by-month or week-by-week then you'll get addicted and push harder for greater results!
  • stewartgreggallan
    stewartgreggallan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Saturday morning and it works for me.