Pedometer suggestions???

Options
Steebs3
Steebs3 Posts: 41 Member
Im looking into getting a pedometer to moniter my daily walks. Can anyone suggest one? Are they good investments? I have looked online at Target and they have a couple of options. Any thoughts.

thanks!

Replies

• jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    walmart's got some too. $5, $8, $15, etc. depends on how many bells and whistles you want. i went for the $8 one, because I liked the features it had the that the $5 didn't, and I was too cheap to pay $15 for the other :laugh: it works for me and i like it!
  • Steebs3
    Steebs3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    thanks I will have to check out Walmarts selection. Thanks again!!!
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    yeah i just looked and it doesn't show the ones i saw in the store online, so i would check in the store too
  • angel1face
    angel1face Posts: 110
    Options
    I have one that measures my steps, areobics, km i walked and how many cal i lost doing it and i paied $22.00 for it at my nearest drug store lawtons drugs, it works great.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have a Walmart one also. I don't use it much since I got my HRM. It has a clock, tells distance walked, steps and calories burned. You have to program it with your stride when you first get it. I think paid under $10 (about 2 years ago) for it and have only replaced the battery once (just very recently). I sometimes use it with my HRM just to measure the distance I walk.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Target has some good ones. Look for one that clips to your pants and maybe has a tether too, I have dropped a few in the toilet :blushing:

I would recommend skipping the pedometer and going for an HRM if it is in your budget. Polar brand seems to be among the most popular and I know target sells a few for around 50-80 bucks. HRM will be more accurate.

If your budget doesn't allow look for a mid range priced pedometer...10-20 bucks.

:drinker:
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    I have the Omron HJ-720. It has a removable belt clip and a tether (which has saved me more than once). I just keep it in my pocket and don't use the belt clip. It works in almost any position - even upside down - as long as it isn't lying flat on its back or front. It holds 7 days in memory for you to scroll through and holds 30 days in memory for you to upload to the software that comes with it. The software is great and will make reports for you based on daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, and it will even tell you how many steps you walked during each hour and whether or not they were aerobic steps. I highly recommend it. My mom bought one and I gave two to my in-laws who were thrilled as well. I paid $29, I think, a year ago - but it is way better than any of the cheap ones I ever tried before and it is the only one I have ever used faithfully on a daily basis. I just throw it in my pocket every single morning. Check out the reviews on amazon.com. Here's a link (I hope it's ok to post links):
    http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HJ-720ITC-Pedometer-Advanced-Management/dp/B000MN92WM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1242862519&sr=8-3

I forgot to add - the display shows steps, aerobic steps, calories, and miles.