Juice fast

Options
Ok so i was talking to a Coworker and we were talking about the gym and general weightloss programs, she started talking about a juice fast, her brother does this for 30 days once a year.. so she is looking into the 10 day juice fast which is the same but a shorter time, sounds great to me, you can loss 10lbs of waste in 10 days, has anyone ever tired it before???:happy:

Replies

• gjspiller
    gjspiller Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    just watched a great documentary on it, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and it has a website for it: www.jointhereboot.com

i recommend watching the documentary first and then read the site. it has the details there. i'm starting the juice fast tomorrow for 15 days (my hubby hopes to do it for 30 days or longer). we'll see....

g.
  • lissa0710
    Options
    just watched a great documentary on it, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and it has a website for it: www.jointhereboot.com

i recommend watching the documentary first and then read the site. it has the details there. i'm starting the juice fast tomorrow for 15 days (my hubby hopes to do it for 30 days or longer). we'll see....

g.

That is an excellent documentary. I am probably going to be doing a week long juicing fast soon. I have juiced fruits and vegetable before and cannot begin to describe how much better I felt after doing so.
  • SARRY562
    SARRY562 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks i am going to take a look at it and give it a try.. let me know how you do..
  • lissa0710
    Options
    Thanks i am going to take a look at it and give it a try.. let me know how you do..

When I start my fast I will let you know how it goes :)
  • Hickskjh
    Hickskjh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am actually 3 days in to a 7 day juice fast as of today :-) and have done a few shorter ones in the past Some tips I would give to anyone thinking about it are:

Easy into it - Do a raw/vegetarian diet for a day or two before you start

First few days are kinda rough - Your body is detoxing and you might not feel so well so make sure you don't have anything important going on, and don't fret it gets better after a few days.

Hunger - herbal teas or a tsp of apple cider vinegar if you can stomach it are good ways to curb your hunger.

Breaking the fast - Ease out of it with salads, soups, and other raw dishes for a day or two after to get you digestive system back up and running.

As for juice fasting for weight loss it does work I'm down 4 lbs in 3 days, but the weight wont stay off if you go back to bad eating habits afterwards, and you will gain some back as food is put back into you digestive system should only be a few pounds :-)

Anyway I hope you decide to do it, and there is a wealth of information online about it. If you have any other questions feel free to message me too.
  • SARRY562
    SARRY562 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    thanks i will keep all that in mind :)
  • speedkillz
    Options
    My wife and I just finished a 10-day, strict juice fast. I lost 22 pounds and she lost 16 pounds. We are also running at least 4 times a week and we did not cheat ay all -- no caffeine, treats, or free days.

Watch Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, follow the guidelines on jointhereboot.com and don't be silly when you come off of the fast. It will make you crave healthier things. You will still think that you want pizza, beer, and ice cream, but don't give in. Stay with the whole foods and you won't gain it back.
  • njcdrrx
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm on day 4 of the Join the Reboot fast and am tyring to decide what to do on day 6. Go to juice only, continue smoothies and salads, or stop? How did you decide what to do next??
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    All juice fasts do is reduce your calories like any other extreme diet. It doesn't "clean you out", "remove toxins" etc. Most people who are "sick and nearly dead" just didn't meet their macro and micro nutrients and got in their essentials. If you did that then it's likely you'd feel better, be more physically efficient etc.
    And the weight lost is water weight. If continued for a long enough time, you'll lose muscle weight, which then lowers your metabolism.
    Don't fall for the anecdotal evidence. It's about calorie deficit, exercise, rest, and consistency.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition