Workouts

Options
Hey does anyone have suggestions on some good workouts to do? I have been doing wii's Just Dance 3 and it really works my whole body and sometimes I switch and walk on the treadmill for an hour, but it seems like these activities are getting boring. I am even starting to memorize the dance moves lol :-p

Any suggestions of workouts that last an hour and do not cost a lot would be great! Thank you! :)

Replies

• cls09
    cls09 Posts: 38
    Options
    If you have a gym membership somewhere, look into taking some classes. I also buy random workout DVDs from Target just to switch things up a bit.
  • HRGal6
    HRGal6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Which DVD's do you think work the best?
  • MsTonBon
    MsTonBon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love the Zumba Workout DVD Kit! It has several different workouts. It is high energy, sexy, and effective!! I love the Zumba classes, but with a 9 yr old at home I can't workout (away from home) as often as I would like. ZUMBA is great and my son loves doing it with me. Like the Zumba saying goes: It's not a workout, but a Party!! I really feel like I am at a club....You'll love it!!
  • MsTonBon
    MsTonBon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I also have The Firm: Transformation DVD Series (which included the 6 and 8 inch step), Jillian Michael's 30 Shred, Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds, Windsor Pilates: Fat Burn, Billy Blanks: Ultimate Book Camp, and a copy of P90X( which I HAVE not started yet). I believe that you need a variety of DVDs....this is a journey and working out is going to be a constant even when we reach goal. I never get bored....the biggest hurdle is always popping the DVD in. I'm down 46 lbs thanks to my at home DVD collection. Don't try to get alot of DVDs at once, but slowly build to your collection. Hope this helps..
  • HRGal6
    HRGal6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It helps a whole lot! Thank you so much and congratulations!!! :) I'm really hoping to lose 30-40 more pounds by the end of May.. I know it is going to be tough, but I want to be healthier... Thanks again and good luck to you! :)
  • cls09
    cls09 Posts: 38
    Options
    I have a variety of these:

Jillian Michaels
    Dance w/ Julianne
    Dancing w/ the Stars
    Richard Simmons (because he makes me laugh)
    Denise Austin
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    squats and dead-lifts