a little is hard to lose.....?

Options
im getting a bit discouraged.... ive been on mfp since august of last year and have DEFINITELY made progress BUT i see all these posts with people losing lots of weight more quickly than myself who, in the grand scheme of things, doesn't have that much to lose......

i often wonder..... is it harder once you get closer to your goal? also i work out, lift weights, and rock climb so i AM GAINING MUSCLE whether i want to admit it or not haha. have other people encountered this? any words of wisdom or encouragement are welcome!!

[note; i'm not gonna lie, i have not been 100% diligent but even in my off the wagon bits (maybe a week or 2 TOTAL since i started) i haven't gained anything back]

Replies

• sendit
    sendit Posts: 28
    Options
    "i have not been 100% diligent" This is a small part of the problem. The other part is you're way too hard on yourself. The closer you get to your goal the harder it is. Even now that we're going to the gym all the time you're going to gain muscle and you will notice a visual change before you notice a scale change. As you know that's because muscle weighs more. Just try to keep a PMA and you'll get there. The more discouraged you are the harder it's going to be to stay motivated and the more likely you will be to stop/not work as hard/ etc.

You look fantastic. I know it doesn't mean the same coming from your BF but you really do. It's changed the way you feel about yourself. You can't lie to yourself about that. You know it's true.