how often do your weigh-in?

Options

Replies

• fit921
    fit921 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday but I count it once a week. I feel like it keeps me on track if I know where I stand everyday.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Officially only on Friday morning, averaging out the 4 or 5 times I push the scale around the bathroom floor. Unofficially, I hop on every day.

Hahaha! I do this too! So glad I'm not the only one...

I weigh myself every morning after I use the bathroom! Haha. It helps keep me in check!
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    It's also nice to see your numbers charted out (another reason why I use a spreadsheet):
    e9yQ.jpeg
    b8389ff4901c47f58557071.png

The bottom half is a generic chart from BodyBuilding.com's BodySpace, I often refer to this chart as it's a much easier and aesthetically appealing in comparison.
  • CEFJ
    CEFJ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started using myfitnesspal last week. I check my weight every other day or so, and only plan to record once a week. Good luck to all!
  • emandashmom
    Options
    Once a week for tracking purposes, but often more then that to see where I am at. As I start out AGAIN on this endeavour I promise myself that although weight loss is the ultimate goal, I won't focus too much on the numbers as long as I am feeling and looking better because muscle weighs more then fat! I choose Monday mornings to weigh in as it helps keep me honest over the weekend!
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week. I tend to build up the excitement and look forward to the weigh in. I know there will be weeks where I seem to go in the wrong direction but as long as most weeks are moving in the right direction all is good.
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I try to do it only once a week on the same day at the same time, just after waking and using the restroom. But sometimes I sneak in a middle of the week weigh in, cuz I'm obsessed! lol

ditto!
  • Blakkmale2001
    Options
    yes, even though i do weigh every day, if im not seeing results i can get discouraged. i think weighing once a week is probably the thing to do...but its hard to stay off the scale.
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    EVERY. DAY.

I record everything in a spreadsheet. This way I can see how my decisions effect my endeavors. Here's a screen cap to show you what I'm doing:
    fa860681b33245348a4581b.png

I only record the other physical attributes weekly. Sometimes every 2 weeks depending on how I feel. I've found that I'm much more pleased with the results if I take measurements bi-weekly instead. Pictures every 30-days (approximately). It helps you keep focus if you can physically see the changes. Looking at yourself everyday in the mirror doesn't help, but if you see the difference spread out by comparing month-by-month or week-by-week then you'll get addicted and push harder for greater results!

That is so funny I do the same thing! It's not everyday though but I like to make it at least every week. :)
    397829_10150469233705785_556205784_8949873_1384406505_n.jpg
  • wvipersg
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, usually on Friday.
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    officially once a week, mondays, but i hopped on today. thinking i might add in fridays, but will only record mondays.
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    EVERY. DAY.

I record everything in a spreadsheet. This way I can see how my decisions effect my endeavors. Here's a screen cap to show you what I'm doing:

I only record the other physical attributes weekly. Sometimes every 2 weeks depending on how I feel. I've found that I'm much more pleased with the results if I take measurements bi-weekly instead. Pictures every 30-days (approximately). It helps you keep focus if you can physically see the changes. Looking at yourself everyday in the mirror doesn't help, but if you see the difference spread out by comparing month-by-month or week-by-week then you'll get addicted and push harder for greater results!

That is so funny I do the same thing! It's not everyday though but I like to make it at least every week. :)
    397829_10150469233705785_556205784_8949873_1384406505_n.jpg

Yours looks so much prettier than mine. I'm speechless.

*Opens Excel and begins tinkering with design/layout*
  • carolkobe
    carolkobe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    For the first two months I did what most folk are doing weighing often and posting once a week. I changed over time to posting on a Friday or Saturday as it was easier for me to be good during the week as work is crazy busy so I had the best results then.
    I going to try to change that now and only weigh twice a month. I put on 2-5 pounds for the week around my period and while intellectually I know it's just fluid gain it messes with my head anyway. So I will weigh in before I put on the water weight as my second weigh in of the month and weigh in two weeks after that again. In between those two weeks I will take my measurements. I recommend that you take lots of measurements and not just the three suggested on the site. These always get smaller even when I was retaining fluid. Good luck to you:)

12334015.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • j3nn953lk
    Options
    Once a week seems like a good standard to follow. But I admit... I have the bad habit of looking at the scale almost every morning.
  • StacieLeigh77
    Options
    LOVE THIS! Thanks for sharing!

EVERY. DAY.

• gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Sunday will be my first weigh in as I just started a week ago. I am nervous to weigh in daily as the daily ups and down can and have derailed me from staying on track with diet and exercise. I am excited to weigh in on Sunday as I have been very good and working out - but am scared too - don't want to get my hopes up and have them come crashing down Sunday... wish me luck...
  • rbrannock
    rbrannock Posts: 169
    Options
    Like most of you have said, I too weight every day but only record my weight once a week. Every Monday, first thing in the morning, before I shower. I'm a little OCD when it comes to weighing every day....when I see big changes in the RIGHT direction, its awesome, but when I see no change or the wrong direction, its so disappointing. But I feel more in control to at least check it out every day. Good luck on your journey!
  • amberrrrh
    amberrrrh Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    once a week, or whenever I have the urge to in the morning.
  • Jessicak02
    Jessicak02 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing everyday and hate it...but can't stop. In some ways I feel like it holds me accountable for the previous day and sometimes it feels a bit obssesive.
  • Sherwood89
    Options
    I weigh every Friday morning as soon as i get up and have been for a wee, i also get weighed every 4 weekly by the nurse but i hate the 4 weekly one! i dont weigh every day because i cant handle the ups and downs on my weight and it upsets me when i 'gain' as i tried to weigh daily. Weekly is best for me but its what suits you individualy x