hey everyone...problem here

Options
hey all. i'm really new to this site and im already addicted lol. its only been three days but i have been trying to lose a little weight for a while here and there. i have found that since i have started working out more on my treadmill at home and i started playing softball a few weeks ago that i have actually been gaining weight. not like huge amounts, but my weight fluctuates and its usually up. i don't know what the deal is, if its just muscle or what?
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Replies

• annieegg10
    Options
    hey all. i'm really new to this site and im already addicted lol. its only been three days but i have been trying to lose a little weight for a while here and there. i have found that since i have started working out more on my treadmill at home and i started playing softball a few weeks ago that i have actually been gaining weight. not like huge amounts, but my weight fluctuates and its usually up. i don't know what the deal is, if its just muscle or what?
    any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    It happens.
    Weigh yourself ONLY once a week or every two weeks. Make sure its consistent. So if you weigh-in on Mondays, do it in the morning, no clothes, after your washroom duties and before breakfast. I think this will give you the most consistent results.

Of course you wil gain a little of bit of 'weight' if you are increasing your activity level. give it some times, I'd say, give it a good 3 weeks for your body to adjust to your new healthy lifestyle both actively and nutritionally.

Don't defeat yourself.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you! Take your measurements, it'll help you see if your losing weight but toning up muscle.......you may see a difference there even if the scale isn't showing it yet!
  • Jennifer09
    Options
    I agree with skinnydreams, I personally weigh myself every morning because for me it is motivator. Muscle weighs more than fat, so if you are building any muscle, which you most likely are, it will seem that you are gaining when you look at the scale. If my number goes up I concentrate on how my clothes feel, if your clothes get bigger you are headed in the right direction no matter what the scale says! Good luck! :wink: