Low calorie snack

Options
I need a good filling low calorie snack. Any suggestions?

Replies

• coliern
    Options
    An apple and laughing cow blue cheese wedge is always good
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    What is low calorie?? You can do fresh fruit and veggies, Greek yogurt, I like the flavored mini rice cakes you get 18 for 130... Like eating a bag of chips, or i like a plain rice cake with a tablespoon of peanut butter, protein bar. Hope that helps.
  • Scaje
    Scaje Posts: 1
    Options
    Celery stalks with a little peanut butter. The crunch is nice and you're getting some protein.
  • dewybuttercup
    Options
    fruits and veggies paired with a babyel (sp?) light cheese, some raw nuts or a hard-boiled egg always works as a filling snack that for me and is under 200 cals. It may seem like more calories than you want to eat for a snack but I don't eat as much for meals when I eat that as a snack :)
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    An apple! Classic and awesome.

Or any fruit.

Or any veggie.
  • Vicric720
    Options
    I like a large Fuji apple cut in wedges with a tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter. Takes time to eat it and very satisfying.:smile:
  • Eb126
    Eb126 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Make a big pot of low calorie soup! Then snack on that all day :)
  • ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Smoked Salmon. High Protein, next to no carbs, and low calorie too.
  • Radcliffe83
    Options
    yeah, what is low calorie? I like sandwiches. They can be between 300 and 600 calories.
  • jfe224
    jfe224 Posts: 7
    Options
    Emerald dry roasted almonds--100 calorie packs
    Chobani Greek yogurt
    Hummus snack pack with carrots
    Soup!
    Rice cake with peanut butter
    Smart Pop 100 calorie bag of microwaveable popcorn
    String cheese
    Blueberries or grapes or strawberries or practically any other fruit out there!

Now I'm hungry.... :)
  • rhouser9021
    Options
    I usually have 2 plain rice cakes (although you could do whatever flavor you like best) with 2tbs of peanut butter. It comes ouat to 250 calories for me. Plus it's great before and after a workout! You could half that snack to 125 calories if you had the one rice cake and 1tbs of peanut butter.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    100 calorie pop corn. I love that i can eat a whole bag ;)

For more filling snacks, go with fiber or protein snacks that others mentioned.

On my evenings when i have cals left over and want a treat, i love the weight watchers ice cream bars. The dark chocolate raspberry cheesecake one is my favorite!!
  • dshalemiller
    dshalemiller Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My go to now are baby carrots and garlic hummus. So good and only 100 calories total for a serving.