Weight Watchers

Options
I have one month subscription left on my etools and would like to figure out how to use this website to loose weight. I haven't had much success with WW's, mostly because I love food.:smile:

Amy

Replies

• mshidden
    mshidden Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's about food mindfulness, not food hate. I love food, but that has not stomped me from being more careful about what I eat. It's better to eat food that is better for you, but if you keep the calories down you will still loss wight. I can't recommend aerobic activity enough, their are so many benefits , and it will help you deal with food cravings. However, just keeping track of what you eat lets you think about what you put in your mouth, and you think to yourself do I really want to track this? So tracking is a mindfulness exercise if you will. So the one rule I would give anyone who is just starting, or restarting, just track it. I treat it like a game, and so I am a bit obsessive compulsive about it, but thats me. My wife plays city ville I play MFP. Welcome aboard.
  • abc2003family
    abc2003family Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Amy- I just joined MFP instead of Weight Watchers mainly because of all of the feedback and community interaction I've seen here. These past two days I have found the tools to be very user friendly and easy to follow. The neatest thing I've seen is after you complete your journaling for the day it tells you (based on what you input for the day) that if all days were like what you just did, where your weight loss will be in so many days. Welcome and feel free to add me as a friend!
    Brenda
  • TaraEpersaud
    Options
    I also have a month subscription of Weight Watchers. I did not want to use it anymore mainly bc i was not motivated so thats why Im here. I think you would love this site its pretty good. Feel free to add me:)
  • sunnypenny
    sunnypenny Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have changed over from weight watchers to this site as well. Lets support each other
  • tina219
    tina219 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I lost 40+ pounds on Weight Watchers. I have put 25 of them back on. I am trying MFP for several reasons. One, it's free. Two, I realize the need to track, and MFP seems to make it fairly simple. Three, I need the accountability that I seem to be able to get here.
  • countryrayne
    Options
    I have decided to do this instead of weight watchers too. I did weight watchers last year with some successs but after I could no longer afford the monthly fee I completely quite trying and gained all the weight back. I am excited to try this since it is seems much easier to track my food intake.
  • gal_amy
    gal_amy Posts: 47
    Options

I have decided to do this instead of weight watchers too. I did weight watchers last year with some successs but after I could no longer afford the monthly fee I completely quite trying and gained all the weight back. I am excited to try this since it is seems much easier to track my food intake.

I feel exactly the same way!
  • sandimack
    sandimack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    If u r serious about losing weight be accountable. Add friends, log everything that u eat and open up diary for all to see. Seriously! There is also a bunch of groups and challenges you can enjoy. I've done WW too but I love this site.
  • HOverly
    Options
    I lost over 50lbs. in about a year with weight watchers and kept in off for 2years, then I had my second child, and now I just can't afford nor have the time to go back. I never did it online, I would make myself go to the meetings and weigh-in in front of someone to help keep me motivated, it worked. I hope I can stick to MFP and be successful again.