how often do your weigh-in?

Options

Replies

• kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    EVERY. DAY.

I record everything in a spreadsheet. This way I can see how my decisions effect my endeavors. Here's a screen cap to show you what I'm doing:
    fa860681b33245348a4581b.png

I only record the other physical attributes weekly. Sometimes every 2 weeks depending on how I feel. I've found that I'm much more pleased with the results if I take measurements bi-weekly instead. Pictures every 30-days (approximately). It helps you keep focus if you can physically see the changes. Looking at yourself everyday in the mirror doesn't help, but if you see the difference spread out by comparing month-by-month or week-by-week then you'll get addicted and push harder for greater results!

That is so funny I do the same thing! It's not everyday though but I like to make it at least every week. :)
    397829_10150469233705785_556205784_8949873_1384406505_n.jpg

Yours looks so much prettier than mine. I'm speechless.

*Opens Excel and begins tinkering with design/layout*

LOL, I like to make things look pretty as well as functional. I have charts and graphs too but they are on a different tab. :laugh:
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    EVERY. DAY.

I record everything in a spreadsheet. This way I can see how my decisions effect my endeavors. Here's a screen cap to show you what I'm doing:
    fa860681b33245348a4581b.png

I only record the other physical attributes weekly. Sometimes every 2 weeks depending on how I feel. I've found that I'm much more pleased with the results if I take measurements bi-weekly instead. Pictures every 30-days (approximately). It helps you keep focus if you can physically see the changes. Looking at yourself everyday in the mirror doesn't help, but if you see the difference spread out by comparing month-by-month or week-by-week then you'll get addicted and push harder for greater results!

That is so funny I do the same thing! It's not everyday though but I like to make it at least every week. :)
    397829_10150469233705785_556205784_8949873_1384406505_n.jpg

Yours looks so much prettier than mine. I'm speechless.

*Opens Excel and begins tinkering with design/layout*

LOL, I like to make things look pretty as well as functional. I have charts and graphs too but they are on a different tab. :laugh:
    I'm in the process of revamping the entire design of my spreadsheets based off of your design. Flowers included.
    Will keep posted.
  • gwynb041109
    gwynb041109 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I know I shouldn't record everyday, but I do. It keeps me accountable. I think everyone is different. It keeps me eating in the right direction :)
  • TidoWyla
    TidoWyla Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning before I jump in the shower it keeps me on track, but I only log my weight once a week on Fridays.
  • dipeters
    dipeters Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. I agree with several other posters; I plan to weigh daily and just post once per week.
  • kimmie185
    Options
    I'm in the process of revamping the entire design of my spreadsheets based off of your design. Flowers included.
    Will keep posted.

:laugh: I can't wait to see it!
  • kimmie185
    Options
    I would only advise to those who weigh in daily to know that if the scale goes up all of a sudden to not get discouraged since weight flunctuates frequently. :smile:
  • sheystar
    Options
    i weigh in everyday on Wii Fit Plus for the body test, and step on my own scale every monday and record it on MFP :)

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]13815733.png[/url]
  • Lippis
    Lippis Posts: 21
    Options
    I weigh in every morning when I wake up (after going to the loo) and then write my # on my side of the bathroom mirror. I love using the daily fluctuations to keep me in check - even when they go up - I don’t let it discourage me or control me - I am going to have to get up and live my life no matter what that scale says. And it's just a number. I know that I am more than that number and the fact that my body has made such tremendous changes and has shown me such amazing strength is more of a results measurement than the scale could ever be (I just ran my best timed mile in 9:17 after a starting time 3 months ago of 12:42)

But back to weigh ins - I usually leave about a week and a half worth of weight in days on the mirror at once then wash them all off and start all over.

I think I might try to capture them in a spread sheet like a few of you do before wiping them off the mirror just for tracking and posterity :smile:

I officially log my weight on MFP for myself every Wednesday and log my weight with a MFP group I am part of on Mondays. The Boot Camp I attend assesses us on this fancy scale once a month. So I have a variety of official "check ins"

I think in the end it’s a totally individual issue - if you are going to let the numbers control you and your mood and actions then it really won’t make a difference if you weigh in every day ever hour or once every month.
  • charm9
    charm9 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Im aiming to weigh in only once a week which will be Monday but as its still early days and to keep me on track I weigh in twice a week as also on a Thursday. I do weigh myself everyday though but just track on these days.
  • christinajohnson
    christinajohnson Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Once a week for me. Right now, I'm concentrating on fitness and not worrying about numbers as they can fluctuate from day to day. I'm also struggling with my eating habits and have decided that having more good days than bad days with food is a positive first step.
  • erin023
    erin023 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Everyday unless I feel like I've gained weight, then I wait a few.
  • katzmeow_83
    katzmeow_83 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    everyday in the morning :) if not sometimes twice in one day lol
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Will keep posted.

:laugh: I can't wait to see it!

And it's done.... and now I, arguably, have no life.
    16130637c1094cea81ba668.png
  • dancing_cat
    dancing_cat Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Everyday. I find I tend to be bad with food when I don't. I'm using a free android app (Iibra) which automatically plots trend graphs so it smooths out the daily flucuations (some days it does go up) and its nice you can see when you're likely to hit your target weight.
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    And it's done.... and now I, arguably, have no life.
    16130637c1094cea81ba668.png

But you got a pretty spreadsheet! ;)
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Once a week. I don't even have a scale in the house simply because I don't feel like weighing everyday would be beneficial to myself! But thats for me
  • annemareef
    Options
    I'm weighing every day. I am strict with my diet. It can be mentally tough if I haven't lost anything.
    I'm learning about my body.
    The whole reason I am doing this is to become acquainted with how my body works so that I can make positive choices.

10544331.png
  • anasf139
    anasf139 Posts: 101
    Options
    I used to weigh in every week, then it became everyday, then a few times a day.....NOW its once every 2-3 weeks. My boyfriend and trainer have taken away my scales and I get weighed by my trainer when he wants! :(
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Every day, but only record on Mondays.
    ^^^This