Clothing Store Blues.....

Options
Is it just me or does anyone else walk into stores such as: Forever21, Wet Seal, Body Central, Vanity Fair, New York & Company (THAT IS MY FAVORITE STORE!) & many others only to get discouraged instantly?!

Every time I walk into one of those stores I just get the blues looking at all those beautiful pieces of clothing that are reasonable prices but just DONT come in my size. It's so discouraging.

This alone has motivated me to do something about my weight. I believe I have a right to "Shop Til I Drop" at reasonable prices too.

Replies

• rsouthland
    Options
    It became clear this christmas as my wife and I shopped for our teenage girls, that my wardrobe has a lot to be desired. However as you stated, anything trendy that I thought I'd like to wear, just didn't come in my size in these stores, Ambercrombie, Areopostal, Structure, etc.

So here's to losing weight so I can buy something in the skinny stores!
  • rsouthland
    Options
    duplicate entry.
  • skinnykatie27
    Options
    I agree!!! It is discouraging!! I went shopping after Christmas and had a MAJOR wake-up call, the extra larges in most of the stores weren't fitting. It would be so fun to be able to be able to see something I loved and be able to get it in my size and feel like it looks good!! That in itself is motivating. We can do it :)
  • amberrrrh
    amberrrrh Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It is very discouraging, and I know exactly how you feel. Forever 21 is my fave store. When I reach my 160 pound mini goal, i'm going get all new clothes from all those stores! lol
  • Ashalena
    Ashalena Posts: 162
    Options
    Is it just me or does anyone else walk into stores such as: Forever21, Wet Seal, Body Central, Vanity Fair, New York & Company (THAT IS MY FAVORITE STORE!) & many others only to get discouraged instantly?!

Every time I walk into one of those stores I just get the blues looking at all those beautiful pieces of clothing that are reasonable prices but just DONT come in my size. It's so discouraging.

This alone has motivated me to do something about my weight. I believe I have a right to "Shop Til I Drop" at reasonable prices too.

me too girl
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    That was one of the reasons that motivated me to lose weight in the first place. I had to buy clothes for my new job after college and I couldn't find work pants to fit in the regular sizes! I refused to wear the plus size clothes and I knew it was time to change. I maxed out at a size 16 and now I'm a size 6. I can tell you, shopping is WAY more fun... although my bank account took a big hit to replace all my clothes.

Also, Forever 21 runs really small at times. Even at the size I am now, I still have to wear a large in the skirts and sometimes a large in the tops if they're more fitted. NY&Co sizes run bigger.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Forever 21 has plus sizes at my mall! Maybe that can hold you over until you hit your goal weight? Their stuff is really great too!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I found myself getting discouraged too when visiting those stores at a heavier weight. What helped me in my weight loss was avoiding those stores altogether until I got to a nice comfortable weight. Then when I ventured into the skinny girl stores I was pleasantly surprised that I could fit smaller sizes than what I had estimated I could wear. It was definitely worth waiting...and it saved me plenty of tears in the dressing room.
  • lobearjw
    Options
    Yeah...I go to the mall but a lot of times I really only like going with my mom because she understands how I feel concerning my weight. I would always decline going with friends because they always get to pick out the prettier outfits and there would never be anything pretty or a reasonable price my size that was in my budget.

I'm just ready to take on a new avenue and work hard to reach a comfortable weight where I don't have to struggle and settle for less than the best. (ESPECIALLY with clothes!)
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Last year I got to the point where I could go shopping at a "regular people" store. I tried on lots of clothes and they fit! Did I buy any of them?? No. Didn't like what I was finding in color and fabric. :ohwell: I hit a thrift store and got a few things to tide me over until I found something I liked enough to buy new.