2012 miles before the end of 2012

Options
Have set myself a target to keep motivated and aim to walk, run and cross train my way through 2012 miles before the end of 2012. Not as easy as it might sound, it's 5.5 miles every single day and no cycling allowed, that's too easy! How are the rest of you keeping motiviated?

Ann

Replies

• lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Everyone thinks I am nuts for planning to run 100 miles a month and bike 250 miles a month in 2012. I don't count walking though and I do lots of that as well. You are my hero :)
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Sorry - didn't answer your question! I keep motivated by telling EVERYONE i know my goal - then I will report the "Butcher's Bill" at the end of each month. Here and on Facebook. Keeps me honest and keeps me going. I hate to disappoint myself and others.
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome idea!!
    Would you be interested in joining my challenge?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/439417-running-walking-mostly-challenge-starts-01-08-join-now
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Very ambitious!
    I tried for 2011 in 2011 and it didn't work out - "only" got to 1520miles. That's just running. If I added dog walks in there, I was probably over, but so it goes.
    This year, I'm just shooting for 2012 KM in 2012 - about 1250 miles I believe. I'm also going to spend more time at the gym and less time on the road.
  • CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am walking from Omaha, NE to Times Square. I've already made it to Des Moines, IA and am now on my way to Davenport, IA. Not 2,012 miles but it's a good goal for me.
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    I set myself the same goal and put it in my ticker as a constant reminder!

I have since joined a group on MFP with the same goal - mine is all done on foot, mostly on the treadmill (some running, hopefully more as I get fitter!).
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I am walking from Omaha, NE to Times Square. I've already made it to Des Moines, IA and am now on my way to Davenport, IA. Not 2,012 miles but it's a good goal for me.

That is fabulous! My cell phone has a pedometer, and as long as I can wear it while walking, I can count my distances. It is keeping track of me walking across the USA--it will be a very long trip, since I do not always wear my phone.

Have fun on your trip! :drinker: (lots of water)
  • Leslye125
    Leslye125 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Love the idea, that is awesome. Will have to come up with something along that route.