Just a quick hello!

Options
I just joined today, so I thought I would pop in and say hello. =) I've been perusing the forums, and this looks like such a friendly, supportive community. I think I'm going to like it here!

I have some health & fitness issues that I am attempting to address through diet, as I am just about as anti-pill as a person can get. I just don't like the idea of trying mask a problem with chemicals... And this is after years of working in the medical field.

Recently, I've been reading a number of books regarding our modern diets and way of life, and the two that most interested me and kind of "clicked" were about the Alkaline Diet and the Perfect 10 diet. Basically, fixing your health by eating proper food, organic when possible, and eliminating all the processed garbage. Is anybody else familiar with those books? Any insight? Experiences to share?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Not familure with the books but welcome and good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • alishuman
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Sheena165
    Options
    Welcome! If you stick to your calorie goal you will lose weight!! I promise! I started using MFP last May and lost 35 pounds by August. I stopped using MFP last fall and have gained about 10 pounds back, I'm starting up fresh again today and I'm so excited! Good luck to you!!!!
  • kme2011
    kme2011 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    welcome. I'm with you on the no chemical weight loss thing. its just not for me. don't know about the books i'll have to check those out. feel free to add if you need some friends :)
  • irisgldn
    Options
    Hi guys, i am hoping to be more aware of what I eat, and enjoy the way I feel after just 15 min of excersing!! Small steps first, and then I hope to build up to where I need to be!!