Good Healthy Desserts

Options
Hey everyone! I have a girls night at my house every Friday. Everyone always brings something & we make dinner and play wii games until the morning. Last week was our first healthy dinner and the girls all wanted a dessert. I have no clue what we could make for dessert thats not gonna mess up my whole dang day. Any suggestions? Anyone have any favorites?
Thanks! :) Oh & I'm new on here so feel free to add me. Promise i'm not creepy. lol

Replies

• Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Yonanas device (I think they have it at Target) and I love it! It is just frozen bananas and other frozen fruit you like but tastes just like ice cream! You can also make a desert with dark chocolate and strawberries.
  • saraemily5
    saraemily5 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Dark choc and strawberries is an awesome idea! Also sugar free pudding + sugar free whipped topping is low cal and yummy- you could do some kind of truffle with it and add granola or something. Also, black bean brownies are surprisingly yummy!! Here's what you need: 1 box regular brownie mix and 1 can black beans. Here's what you do: drain the black beans and rinse them in a strainer. Put them in a blender or food processor. Add enough water to just barely above the beans. Puree until smooth. Add to dry brownie mix. (NO eggs or oil needed!) mix until no dry brownie mix is left- it's all combined. Bake according to box directions. They are more dense than regular brownies but yummy!! Can't taste the black beans. Don't eat too many tho unless you wanna be 'cleaned out'. Lol!! Also, pumpkin muffins. Same idea as the brownies but these are slightly higher calorie. U need 1 box devils food cake mix and 1 regular size (15 oz?) can of pumpkin. Combine the 2 and bake like cupcakes. That's it!
  • darls25
    darls25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    How about smoothies? I made some last time with banana and a touch of light chocolate syrup. Heres what you need:

1 frozen banana- just stick it in the freezer for 30 min before you make them
    1 tsp of light chocolate syrup
    1/2 cup of plain yogurt
    1/3 cup low fat milk
    6-8 precrushed ice cubes you want this in pea sized chuncks or so

You can add some fat free readi whip on it to make it like a real treat

This makes 2 servings :)
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    How about crepes?

You can make the crepes yourself. They are very simple to make and are usually between 90 and 120 cals per crepe depending on the recipe.

Once you've made the crepes you can fill them with lots of fresh fruit and drizzle the fruit with honey (64 cals per tbsp). Trust me, it's great especially if you have access to good dark local honey. Not to mention, you get some good antioxidants from the honey. You could even put some nutella (100 cals per tbsp) on them just be sure to limit it to one tbsp of nutella per crepe.

My strawberry nutella crepe from last night was 220 calories.
    My husbands strawberry banana crepe with honey was 230 calories.

That's not bad for a real dessert.
  • shine_
    shine_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I usually chop up apples, with the skin, and add cinnamon in a pan and heat up with a little bit of agave syrup or fructose so that they get like soft and caramelised. I then chop cashews (not salted) and mix that in too. In a glass I then do layers of that and layers of creme fraiche or greek yoghurt. To finish it off I melt and drizzle Lindt Exellence dark chocolate (85%) on top.
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My go-to healthy dessert is stuffed apples - one apple per person - core them, but leave the bottom intact to make an apple 'cup', Take instant oatmeal (or soaked regular oatmeal), nuts - I usually use almonds but just about any nuts will work, some dried fruit - raisins, currants, apricots, whatever floats your boat, and a tiny bit of honey - mix together in a big bowl and stuff into apples. Bake for about 25 minutes at 350*, til apples pierce easily with a fork. Let cool and serve with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.