Frustrating...

Options
After 4 days of working out, and eating less, I should theoretically have lost a couple pounds, but I am still at the same. Sodium intake too high causing water retention?

Replies

• Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    A couple of pounds in 4 days is pretty hard to achieve, no? I think the recommended weight loss in 1 pound per week, and try to only weigh yourself once a week. You still have 3 more days left, a lot can happen.

For sure, salt intake can really affect the scales. Keep at it!
  • pwrightkraft
    Options
    That's the worse when that happens but don't let it sidetrack you. Keep it up and only weigh once a week.
  • danniellexxx
    Options
    Try and keep everything up but just weigh yourself once a week.... maybe every sunday?
  • careyharv
    careyharv Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You also have to remember that your body is trying to figure out what you are doing to it. It can be a shock to it when we start demanding it to workout and do it with less food. It took me about a week and a half to see the scale move. Just keep up your workouts and eating schedule - It will move.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i tried looking at your documented diet and couldnt find it.. how much sodium a day are you taking in?? and are you drinking enough water? i drink a gallon a day with green tea and lemon in it..make it every morning like clockwork and try like heck to drink it throughout the day. some folks disagree with me but i try to steer clear of processed foods . they are loaded with all kinds of goodies not healthy for us ..like sodium for instance.. i try hard to stick to 1,000-`1500mg sodium a day. i read every label in regard to sodium too.. you wil be amazed how much is in things.. stay away from canned vegetables and beans too.....loaded with sodium
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    ITS ONLY 4 DAYS, CHILL OUT. Diet and exercise arent magic, theyre hard work.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    4 days? That's not long enough to judge anything.