Kettle bells - whoa mama!

Options
I have a friend who told me that Kettlebells helped her with her fitness level and helped her to lose a large amount of weight (over a year however). I signed up and went to the first class Tuesday and I still think I need a walker to get around! So sore! The workout was great even though it was an introductory class at a slow pace. I think it will be just what I need to keep motivated to workout.... Just beware.... You will be sore the next day and a day or so thereafter..

Replies

• lillsmitty
    Options
    I have been doing Kettlebell for over two years now, and I love it. I remember the first time I did it for the next two days I was so sore, it hurt to sit on the toilet :) Awesome workout, my girlfriend lost over 50 pounds with doing kettlebell and watching what she was eating :)
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I just bought one yesterday with a Bob Harber training DVD. I can't wait to use it.
  • mos1971
    mos1971 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Im shuddering thinking about kettlebells last time i did those i found it hard to get out of bed and walk everything was hurting even my hair lol
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Yes, but Mos, it's a GOOD pain! KBs rock!
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I do really like Kettle Bells - you can do a lot with them! Personally, I have exercise ADD, so I couldn't solely do KBs (even with all the awesome stuff you can do with them!)

I had to start pretty light, but I'm up to a 25lbs kb now. My goal by the end of the year is to be using the 35lbs-er!
  • mos1971
    mos1971 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    im still scared from my first session ill stick to press ups, sit ups and any body resistance stuff lol
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Kettlebells and I just wish I could attend a class in my area. Such a great full body workout.
  • chmiddleton
    chmiddleton Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes, kettle bells are a good workout. They will make your thighs beg for mercy the next day! I have a kb work out dvd and need to get back with doing the workout a few times a weeks with my other things I'm into right now, like running and zumba.
  • Eb126
    Eb126 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of any home work outs you can do with these?
    Not a class at my gym... will have a gander on youtube as.... I found some in saisnburys half price! Get down there people I think they were £5.59 and have different sizes and weights x
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I quite enjoy the iron core DVDs. The rest periods are a bit long though, so I tend to run on the spot or walk around during them.

I also tried Kettleworx and HATED it. It felt like a copy past DVD and it got old very quickly

jodye
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I did a personal training session last night and i was holding a kettle bell during side lunges ....... OMG that thing is a toture device
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of any home work outs you can do with these?
    Not a class at my gym... will have a gander on youtube as.... I found some in saisnburys half price! Get down there people I think they were £5.59 and have different sizes and weights x

I started with Bob Harper's KB workouts. I have a Paul Katami one that is more advanced. A lot more!
  • chmiddleton
    chmiddleton Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who told me that Kettlebells helped her with her fitness level and helped her to lose a large amount of weight (over a year however). I signed up and went to the first class Tuesday and I still think I need a walker to get around! So sore! The workout was great even though it was an introductory class at a slow pace. I think it will be just what I need to keep motivated to workout.... Just beware.... You will be sore the next day and a day or so thereafter..

Yes, indead! It's been 3 days since I did some kettle bell swings/squats. I'm still sore when I go to sit down and stand up!
  • Courtneycms88
    Courtneycms88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a good kettlebell brand? I recently bought Bob Harper's two kettlebell dvds but I need to purchase kettlebells now.
  • helenrs87
    Options
    I bought kettlercise and hated it. Loved the exercise but the guy was so boring and uninspiring. I picked up Jillian Michaels shred it with weights and love it. If you're a Jillian fan I'd reccomend it :)