I was the fat girl in your classroom

Options
Yup that was me, the one everyone laughed at. Sick of it. 40 yrs old, quit smoking last year.........gained alot of weight, finally got that off but now to tackle the weight I have always had. Have been heavy always. :( Not sure if lower carb is right way or not b/c I am hearing so many different perspectives. Would love to hear from peeps on what works for them. Need some friends to help motivate me more.

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    It's the calories. Period. How you fill your daily alotment is the tricky part.

Start exercising and lifting weights. And good luck
  • PhyllisPrejean
    Options
    Just start moving. And don't give up. You can do it. I've lost 30 lbs. and it's taken a while for me.
  • Meliklotz
    Meliklotz Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have been doing boot camp three times a week and absolutely LOVE it! My energy is through the roof now.
    Thank you for the advice!
  • athearenee
    Options
    I think the key is to choose something that you can truly live with.
    The changes I have made are to give up sugar and processed foods & to exercise a minimum of 20 minutes a day/3 x a week.
    I have only just begun, but I have made short and long term goals.
    I think the key this time is I am putting myself first and making sure that I make the choices for my best health. ("love thyself")

Good Luck.:happy:
  • Mishellalee
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking! I know that must have been hard :s I am going to quit next week- I read an article when you quit you gain a bit of weight. Each Cigarettes burn 10 calories I apparently. Keep up the good work, your hard work will pay off!