Some what new here...

Options
I've been recording on and off on this site for some time now, but I'm ready and determined to make a lifestyle change and become more confident.

I can do this! ... I hope.

Replies

• DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I've been recording on and off on this site for some time now, but I'm ready and determined to make a lifestyle change and become more confident.

I can do this! ... I hope.
  • jnkreis
    jnkreis Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You can do it. It's actually much easier than you think. Great trick if you like veggies... go to a fruit/veggie mart and get good, fresh veggies. As soon as you get them home, clean, slice, and dice them. Put them each into separate containers, or storage bags and put into fridge. I find that when they are already cut up, I incorporate them more into my meals. I will also cut them all up to different sizes. Some chopped, some sliced etc. My whole family now eats more veggies, because they are ready all the time, and easy to use with meals. Hope this helps!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Welcome Determined and good luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • alaskagal
    alaskagal Posts: 326
    Options
    Hello!

Good luck with the weight loss!

:flowerforyou:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Yoy CAN do this!!!!!! Trust me if I can ANYONE can!!!!

Goodluck!

:flowerforyou:

dd
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Options
    Thank you everyone for being so supportive and nice... I have a feeling it will make this process a lot easier.

I do have a question though...

I am quite depressed for a lot of reasons and barely want to get out of bed, I'm used to eating and a lot! I can't seem to reach being content with myself...

Any ideas to keep my mind off food now that I am trying to become more confident?
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for being so supportive and nice... I have a feeling it will make this process a lot easier.

I do have a question though...

I am quite depressed for a lot of reasons and barely want to get out of bed, I'm used to eating and a lot! I can't seem to reach being content with myself...

Any ideas to keep my mind off food now that I am trying to become more confident?

Bless your heart, I hope you get to feeling better. Depression stinks, I know. Try to really drink a lot of water, green tea, and most importantly, try to understand why you are hungry. Sometimes you are not actually hungry at all, just bored. Make sure you have plenty of cut up fruits and veggies to snack on and tell yourself to just get up and do something. A short walk does wonders for me physically and mentally and it will you too. Sometimes the hardest part of starting a new healthy lifestyle is motivation and all of the changes. Before you kow it, it becomes second nature. I wish you much luck.:smile:
  • jnkreis
    Options
    I know that you may not want to here this, but I work in the medical field. The BIGGEST piece of advice that I have for you is TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR! A lot of people are really hesitant about doing this. I was a comfort food person, especially after having my first child. I was told to talk to my doctor by a friend. It was the best thing I could have done. My doctor said that while it is a problem, and he didn't take my concerns lightly, that more people have this problem than what I realized. I soon got on a light doseage of medication, and all it really did was give me that extra little boost that I needed...you know the one..."the boost to start my day". Pretty soon, I had the boost to get started in my day, and then that turned into feeling a little better, and then that turned into dropping just maybe 3-4 lbs, just from moving about the day. I want to say that I was off my light doseage, and feeling great within 2-3 months. I'm passing that advice onto you, because it was the best advice I have ever recieved. It also helped me as a mom, and a wife! Hope this helps you as much as it did me!
  • angelrose71
    Options
    I feel the same way. I have tried to lose weight thousands of times before, but I am finally just sick of it. I dont feel good, always tired and my self esteem is shot. I dont deserve to be a prisoner in my own body and neither do you. You can do it, you just have to believe in yourself!!!!!!!!!!
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Options
    I am on depression medicine and have been for atleast 4 years and I see a Doctor already... I've been through a lot of treatment... but still sad! : (
  • jnkreis
    Options
    Well, huh? I know that whenever I get down in the dumps, I do something semi-naughty! I go to the tanner! For me it works, just the little bit of sun always brightens my day, but I live in Northern Michigan, so warm weather, and sun are hard to come by especially this time of year! Just hang in there. I think that once you feel better about you, you'll feel better about things in general. Is it just in the morning, or is it an all day thing? Anxiety too? These are always the toughest situations, but just hang in there. I'll be on here quite a bit, so if you ever want to chat it up, just get on and we'll chat it up. It always seems to help too, if there is someone who knows exactly what you feel like....LONG DISTANCE HUG! You can do it! Jacky
  • jnkreis
    Options
    I just read your other message board about the little one. I'm really sorry that you are so torn with this. It seems as though the toughest decisions are always the one's that hurt the most. But, you obviously did what you felt you had to do at the time to do right by the baby and by you...and no matter what people say that takes courage. Take comfort in the fact that you will always be a part of the baby no matter what, and just cause you're not with them, doesn't mean that you love them any less. It can sometimes mean that you love them sooo much that you are willing to do whatever it takes for them, and for you. :heart:
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Options
    I just read your other message board about the little one. I'm really sorry that you are so torn with this. It seems as though the toughest decisions are always the one's that hurt the most. But, you obviously did what you felt you had to do at the time to do right by the baby and by you...and no matter what people say that takes courage. Take comfort in the fact that you will always be a part of the baby no matter what, and just cause you're not with them, doesn't mean that you love them any less. It can sometimes mean that you love them sooo much that you are willing to do whatever it takes for them, and for you. :heart:

Thanks for your kind and understanding words, it's greatly appreciate. : ) Thanks for making me smile. It means the world.
  • jnkreis
    Options
    Anytime, if you want to give me an email address or something, I'm willing to do that too. I come from a pretty religious family myself (Catholic), and it can sometimes not be so easy when you have to constantly live every day for that approval.
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Options
    I'm Catholic as well. : )

I asked you to be my friend if that's alright.
  • jnkreis
    Options
    fabulous, don't know yet where to go for that though...how does that work! i'm so excited :smile:
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Options
    It should be on your home page... it should come up and say you have a friend request I believe.

What are your stats... starting weight and goal, height?
  • jnkreis
    Options
    Well, I am only 5 feet, and nothing inches. I have had the whole marriage poundage creep up, then one baby boy, then depression, and then the second baby boy. After the second baby boy I was at about 200 lbs. Knowing that I had to do something, I decided to do my calorie counting. My youngest is now 16 months, and I've droped 50 lbs! It's taken a lot though. I switched jobs which helped, so now I'm on my feet more rather than sitting at a desk all day like before. But, my brother is getting married soon, and my target weight is 125. I still have about 6+ months, so I think with kicking it into high gear I can do it. I used to swim competitively for 10 years, so I know that I can do it, it's just getting past the tired and lazy stage for me. I'm a big one for naps, and good movies with the couch on the weekends! :) How about you?
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Options
    Wow I have been swimming since I was 5... I'm now almost 20... so around 15 years and playing water polo! : ) That's awesome.