Chicken Alfredo...yummy, high protein, and under 300 calorie

Options
mommamuscles
mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
So last night was a pretty crummy day for me. I was fighting with the kids, the husband, myself... the house was a mess, and I was just really pleasant to be around. :noway: As it got closer to supper I looked at the chicken breast that needed to be cooked and had zero ideas. Then I remembered a recipe I had seen for a clean eating alfredo sauce I had seen. I made a few minor adjustments, but ended up with a pretty yummy dinner. Thought I'd share...

For alfredo sauce:
2 t. olive oil
3 T. garlic, divided
2 T. white whole wheat flour
1/4 t. crushed red pepper flakes
1 c. fage nonfat plain greek yogurt mixed with 1 T. cornstarch (or arrowroot)
1 c. chicken stock
1/2 c. parmesan cheese
1/4 c. light cream cheese
1/4 t. pepper
salt to taste
1 c. skim milk
1 cup sundried tomatoes (not packed in oil, snipped into small pieces)

In a saucepan, heat 2 t. olive oil. Add 1 T. garlic and red pepper flakes, saute. Whisk in flour,
chicken stock, milk, and cream cheese. Let come to a low boil. Add in greek yogurt mixture, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and sundried tomatoes. It is really important to really whisk the sauce or it will be lumpy. I used my immersion blender for this part.

Turn sauce down to a low simmer. In a skillet, sprayed with olive oil spray (I use my misto), cook together 1 T. garlic, salt and pepper to taste, broccoli and chicken for a few minutes. Add sauce to chicken and broccoli, then toss with noodles.

This recipe makes 8 servings at around 293 cals, 29 g protein. Enjoy!

Replies