Is the c25k something you order?

Options
I am interested in being able to jog for a longer period of time, I am not sure if the c25k is something you order, how does it work?

Replies

• CRSE1214
    CRSE1214 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    If you have an iPhone or Android phone you can download the app (mine cost $.99) but there are some that are FREE!!! I also believe there is a website as well.
  • treylee411
    Options
    I have the iPhone app. It is pretty cool. keeps track of you time and tells you when to jog and when to walk. you can pick your own music. i like it
  • Meggy247
    Meggy247 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I just use a free app on my phone smartphone. Do a search for C25K and you should be able to 'purchase' a program. I have now completed C25K and plan on starting B210K (another free app). But I would turn it on and then set Pandora to play and just start.

Little info on C25K:
    It's a 9 week running program (3 days a week is recommended). It starts with walking/running intervals and eventually has you running a full 28 minutes. It's perfect for anyone just starting with running.
    Good luck (hope this info helps)!
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i started it a few weeks ago and its SO much fun! im actually enjoying jogging!
  • colehook
    Options
    I also got the app on my ipod. I just started this week. I really like how it tell you when to jog and when to walk.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    It's a great program! I did it, then B210k (also free) and can now run for over an hour straight! (ok, slow run, but you get the point). Go for it!
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I found TWO different C25K programmes by different developers. Which one is right?
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Everyone else has already answered your question but I also wanted to add that I have a lot of helpful information in my blog here about the C25K program - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/OneBryteSmile?month=201107

There's also a MFP group if you decide to do it and need support - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Everyone else has already answered your question but I also wanted to add that I have a lot of helpful information in my blog here about the C25K program - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/OneBryteSmile?month=201107

There's also a MFP group if you decide to do it and need support - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k

Thanks so much. I just wasn't sure if it was something you order or what and the website c25k.com was not helpful at all for me.
  • Prettypiglett
    Prettypiglett Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I was very interested to read this as I am trying to decide how to go about jogging...I don't enjoy it and it seems an easy way to get going....thanks for the advice...I will let you know how I do :)
  • wsar
    wsar Posts: 5
    Options
    I did the c25k last year, and I really enjoyed it. I may end up doing it again this year, just so I can improve my running speeds. It is a very motivational app- one of my favorites!
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I just downloaded the app on my android and it was free. But for those of you that did, I see its 3 days a week, did you guys skip a day inbetween or do it 3 straight dayd in a row?
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    It's free... also, try and put days in between to rest/recover, or you'll burn out.

This program got me able to run 3 miles (treadmill) in 30 minutes when I was 240 pounds... after having never been able to run at all... it was amazing!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I found TWO different C25K programmes by different developers. Which one is right?

I don't think there is a "right" one. They would all be based on the same idea of walking/running intervals that gradually build.
  • Jadeyre
    Options
    Everyone has given some great information, so just count me as another person who has tried, and loved the C25k program. I never finished it entirely (shame on me), but I still saw a vast improvement in the amount of time I could jog that I've sustained to this day.

Man...I really think I ought to give it a try again and finish this time!
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Read the reviews of each app and find the one that suits you best.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I just downloaded the app on my android and it was free. But for those of you that did, I see its 3 days a week, did you guys skip a day inbetween or do it 3 straight dayd in a row?

Ideally with a break in between, but if you have to run two days back to back, it shouldn't be a problem. I wouldn't suggest doing all three back to back every week.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options

There is no one right way. You could compare the programs and see which one you think will fit you best. They are likely similar and just have minor differences.