Bad day and it's not over.

Options
Okay, so I didn't realize how much I had eaten until I added them to my MFP food diary. But I'm not going to beat myself up over this; I am human and had a bad day. I'm thankful for MFP because to showed me how much I've actually consumed.

And yes I still plan to have dinner; I'm not going to skip a meal because my day was bad. I just know to portion it very carefully and lightly.

So if you've fell off the band wagon, you're not the only one and there's a tomorrow waiting full of good decisions.

Treadmill and better days here I come!

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    You'll do better tomorrow.

I have learned to log my food before hand. Then there's not nearly as many surprises.
  • toolgirl626
    toolgirl626 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you had a bad day. Take the good along with the bad, and consider a bad day a learning experience. It will get easier. I promise! Love yourself and STOP with negative thoughts. You are worth it.
  • annanoel21
    annanoel21 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    its okay. We all do it! I have to say on the days i over eat i just push myself a little harder to work out. Try to log before you eat. That way trains you to eat better and choose better choices. Best of luck!
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone above and def never skip a meal to punish yourself :) new week next week and you already sound motivated!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I didn't realize how much I had eaten until I added them to my MFP food diary. But I'm not going to beat myself up over this; I am human and had a bad day. I'm thankful for MFP because to showed me how much I've actually consumed.

And yes I still plan to have dinner; I'm not going to skip a meal because my day was bad. I just know to portion it very carefully and lightly.

So if you've fell off the band wagon, you're not the only one and there's a tomorrow waiting full of good decisions.

Today is not over, so do a hour of cardio - a long walk or something.
    Today!
  • Betsiz17
    Betsiz17 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I agree. Do not beat yourself up. Have a reasonable dinner and move on. Take a walk around the block. Tomorrow will be a better day for sure!:smile:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My grandmother used to ask me if I stumbled over a rock, would I pick it up and smack my face against it repeatedly?

Good advice.

So, you stumbled, no biggie, dust yourself off and do better tomorrow. If you stumble again, do the same thing.
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My grandmother used to ask me if I stumbled over a rock, would I pick it up and smack my face against it repeatedly?

Good advice.

So, you stumbled, no biggie, dust yourself off and do better tomorrow. If you stumble again, do the same thing.

I like it! And yes it is very good advice. I may have to keep that one for future use:wink:
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    This is a good attitude to have. It's a good decision not to skip dinner. If we equate the lifestyle changes we're trying to make with suffering it will be harder for them to stick. Not saying we don't sacrifice sometimes, but we can't make ourselves miserable about!

Right back on the wagon... that's the way to go!!
  • torinoel14
    torinoel14 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Everyone has bad days. I am so glad that you arent skipping a meal and beating yourself up about it. Youll do better tomorrow; you already sound motivated. Keep your head up and remember that one bad day once in a while is fine.
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    I love this quote :)

Good advice.

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    You'll do better tomorrow.

I have learned to log my food before hand. Then there's not nearly as many surprises.

This. If you log your food in advance there are no surprises. You then know exactly how much many calories everything is and can make different decisions. For dinner I suggest either

1) turkey cutlets with loads of steamed veg or

2) taco salad made with 99% lean ground turkey all taco seasoned up, tomatoes, onions, any other steamed veg, no more than 1/4 cup of shredded 2% cheese, 2 Tbsp to 1/4 cup of greek yogurt instead of sour cream, all on a bed of spinach or mixed greens with a squeeze of lime and 2 small corn soft (not hard) tortillas on the side.

When I'm having a rough day I eat very lean turkey, it makes me feel better because it has loads of nutritional value with limited calories. You can also use water instead of oils to cook, bringing down your calorie content even further.
  • BFalk4
    BFalk4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    RIGHT THERE WITH YOU GIRL!! start smart tomorrow..... :)
  • 1COOLPHATMOMMA
    Options
    You great attitude superceeds your having a bad day. I log my food as I go. That way I know how many calories I have left for the day. For me it works ,otherwise I would be eating everything in sight lol. This holds me accountable.
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    I treat it like AA one day at a time besides tomorrow's a new day no worries :flowerforyou:
  • PokerChris
    PokerChris Posts: 120 Member
    Options

OMG, I LOVE that quote!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    It happens..... but you've done the right thing and not let yourself get upset by it.

Put it behind you, tomorrow's another day - you'll remember where you went wrong today and learn from it!

Onwards and downwards :)
  • jlnk
    jlnk Posts: 188 Member
    Options

Good advice.

This is great. I will be borrowing it and adding it to my repertoire! Your grandmother sounds like she was wonderful!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Good advice.

This is great. I will be borrowing it and adding it to my repertoire! Your grandmother sounds like she was wonderful!

She was a tough wonderful old southern lady. I miss her, but her advice was great.
  • HBBrown78
    HBBrown78 Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Go out and grab a walk around the block (mall or park, whatever) It will help you feel so much better about today when you see a few hundred calories come off from a nice little walk