• SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    awesome, thanks for sharing!
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I'm confused how that works. How does it know which ingredient to delete
    You enter whatever ingredient you left out in your food log as a negative quantity.
  • agthorn
    Options
    Can i use this when I have the stomach flu?

Like... log a sandwich, then when i puke it up, log negative one sandwich? lol
    I think at that point I'd probably just delete the whole sandwich? :smile:
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    this discovery might have changed my life!
  • MaryAnn678
    MaryAnn678 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Through the quick add calories, on the computer, add the negative (-70) for the no cheese on an item. On phone it's under the Quick add button when you look up the food item put in the negative amount.
  • agthorn
    Options
    Through the quick add calories, on the computer, add the negative (-70) for the no cheese on an item. On phone it's under the Quick add button when you look up the food item put in the negative amount.
    You can do a negative "quick add calories" but it will only change the calories and not the macros. It would still have the carbs/protein/fat etc as if you had eaten the cheese. Some people track their macros more closely. (also, even if you don't care that much about macros - unless you've looked it up before, it takes longer to look up a food ingredient to see how many calories it is, go back to the screen that has the "quick add" selection on it, and enter the calorie number you just looked up).
  • CindyBailey1991
    CindyBailey1991 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    OMG I was just thinking about how I could log a sandwich without the bun...and stumbled upon this post! THANK YOU!!! :-D
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    No, I'm not talking about the "negative calorie food" bunk. Did you know that you can log negative QUANTITIES of food in your food log?

So if, for example, you order a sandwich at a restaurant and you get it without cheese...you can log "-1 cheese slice" and it will subtract all the relevant calories, fat, carbs, protein, etc from your macros. You don't have to create a whole different entry in the database for "sandwich, no cheese"!

OMG I'm so STUPID, I've been logging negative quick add calories and lamenting that it doesn't remove the macros (like when Idon't eat all of the bun on a burger) and it never even occured to me to log negative .5 hamburger buns. *bangs head on the desk*
  • agthorn
    Options
    No, I'm not talking about the "negative calorie food" bunk. Did you know that you can log negative QUANTITIES of food in your food log?

So if, for example, you order a sandwich at a restaurant and you get it without cheese...you can log "-1 cheese slice" and it will subtract all the relevant calories, fat, carbs, protein, etc from your macros. You don't have to create a whole different entry in the database for "sandwich, no cheese"!

OMG I'm so STUPID, I've been logging negative quick add calories and lamenting that it doesn't remove the macros (like when Idon't eat all of the bun on a burger) and it never even occured to me to log negative .5 hamburger buns. *bangs head on the desk*
    I've been on here for 8 months and it only occurred to me today to try this and see what happened! :smile:
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    OP! You just won the MFP Nobel Prize.. just saying.
  • JaimeBrown5
    Options
    What am I not understanding here?

If I look up "Big Mac" and find that... and it adds the calories. It adds the whole beast for calories. Putting in negative amounts would negative out the portion I told it to deduct. To find the calories in the bun alone, for example, I would have to search "Big Mac bun" and add it as a negative 1.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options

AGREED
  • AnitaMcKenna
    AnitaMcKenna Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Well done you for figuring this out and many,many thanks for sharing!!!! :happy:
  • KimmehL
    KimmehL Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Way cool tip--thanks for figuring that out!!:flowerforyou:
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    too. uber. cool.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    isn't it cool! I've done that before and its so handy!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

SO MUCH YES
  • anyonebutmehaha
    Options
    oh cool beans. very helpful when i see something in database already that has all the ingredients i used... plus one extra. now i know how to fix. thank you!