How do you take your Jay Robb Whey Protein?

Options
I just purchased Jay Robb Chocolate Whey Protein today. Does anyone have any recipes of how they mix whey protein into their diet? I'm drinking it with water now and I was hoping it would taste a little better..

Shake recipes would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Mix it with almond milk.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has some of the Whey protein (it's a chocolate/mint flavor) and I usually make it for him with milk (2 cups of milk per serving of protein) that may seem alot, but it's two servings for him (usually 1 before workout n one after and he gets full off of what I do to it). On top of the milk I add 1 banana and a scoop of peanut butter! It's super yummy n filled with protein!
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    what flavor did you get?
    I like to get the unflavored ones and mix them in with homemade smoothies! yum!
    Otherwise for protiens I just either mix them in with 8 oz of water for fat free milk.
  • Sariebon
    Sariebon Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
    I was going to try it with Almond Milk tomorrow - I'm hoping it's better!
    That's a great idea with the banana and peanut butter! Sounds delish :)
    I got the chocolate flavour - hoping to boost my protein, kill my afternoon snacking and ax my chocolate addiction at once, lol.
    I was looking at Isopure.. maybe I should've gotten it instead. Jay Robb ended up winning me over as it's fat-free, sugar-free and only has 1g Carb per serving.
  • panduhburr
    panduhburr Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have your answer!

Visit dashingdish.com

Katie makes AMAZING shakes. All her other recipes are amazing as well.

You're welcome. :D
  • Sariebon
    Sariebon Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    OMG - I'm CRAVING just looking at this site!

Thanks so much! :)
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Mix a scoop of protein powder with greek yogurt (the Fage 0% is really thick and creamy and works well). Eat it like pudding! I just started doing this on the recommendation of an MFP friend - tasty! Also add almond butter or peanut butter - super packed with protein!
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has some of the Whey protein (it's a chocolate/mint flavor) and I usually make it for him with milk (2 cups of milk per serving of protein) that may seem alot, but it's two servings for him (usually 1 before workout n one after and he gets full off of what I do to it). On top of the milk I add 1 banana and a scoop of peanut butter! It's super yummy n filled with protein!

I do essentially the same: 1C almond milk, 1 scoop whey protein (chocolate), 1TBLS peanut butter, and 1/2-1 banana. So good. I will also add plain greek yogurt and a handul of berries.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I love my Jay Robb Whey protein! I bought the fat burning diet cook book from the Jay Robb site and he had a ton of different delicious recipies on there. Also if you go to his site - jayrobb.com and sign up for the newsletter he features different receipies in there too.

When I do the chocolate I add water ice and blend like a smoothie - taste just like a shake and if you like coffee, add 1 tsp of instant coffee to it and it taste like a star buck coffee mocha.