How to Celebrate your 50th Birthday

Topsking2010
Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
I am approaching the big 50 and could use some suggestions on how I should celebrate.

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    50 Chicken McNuggets
  • Topsking2010
    LOL.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    My mom's 50th is TODAY! We are surprising her by taking her to dinner...with roughly 50 of her friends and family!!! She has no idea. She said "You know, I don't know what is going on, but if I could have planned my own party I would have gone to the slots and gambled away a $20" Funny thing is... we are meeting at the buffet at the SLOTS hahahaha Have a fabulous birthday whatever you do! And like I told her... "You are not 50. You are 49.95 plus tax!" :wink:
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 634 Member
    You love to Run have a running party :) Be Creative. Instead of 50 turn it around and be 05(five) again:drinker: ...lol
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I turned 50 last year and I celebrated by partying with my family in my skinny jeans that I hadn't been able to wear for 4 years. My daughter made me a "Mom's ultimate playlist" of all the songs I tormented her with over the years (her words) and we danced and ate hamburgers and cake and drank a lot of beer. It was awesome.
  • On my 50th I passed on the big celebration,instead I filled my car with gas,let the sun roof down, with the music blasting,just started driving with no destination. The alone time was great,had time to reflect and put this part of my life in perpective. I was in no hurry ,my mission was to see how many people I could make smile. I was gone for 6 self rewarding hours. It was AWSOME
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Like every other important birthday, go out for dinner with tons of friends and family, drink too much, PARTY but most importantly have fun!!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    I'll be celebrating my 50th in the same way as my husband did. We will hire the local hall and a DJ and have a rock and roll dance party with our friends, especially our dancing friends. Non-dancers love to watch plus we throw in a waltz, fox trot and couple of old time dances so everyone can enjoy.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Big 5-0 for me in May. Planning on a "girls" trip of some sort....so many of us are hitting that mark this year. Hubby will just have to deal. Right now it looks like Fort Lauderdale w/a hop over to the Bahamas. Other thoughts are the Keys and New Orleans. But that could all change....
  • Topsking2010
    I like all your ideas except eating 50 chicken McNuggets.
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 634 Member
    I like all your ideas except eating 50 chicken McNuggets.

lol
  • Topsking2010
    Thinking about skydiving for my 50th birthday.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    My hubby ran his first 5K before his 49 birthday, and said he wanted to run a 10K for his 50th. He's already doing 10K's now (6 months later), so I don't know whether he's going to do a 10K for his birthday or try for a half marathon.

One of my friends asked people to do a good deed instead of giving her a present, and then let her know what they had done. I thought that was pretty cool.

Pam
  • nerdieprofessor
    nerdieprofessor Posts: 512 Member
    50 mile or km bike ride, or run if you are hard core.
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    I just turned 51 on Sunday.... I knew I couldn't run 51 miles so I ran 15.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Have a "Half-a-Century" party.

JM
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Vegas...you only turn 50 once!
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Have a retro party...you were born in 1962, so dig up some up old costumes. What would you be wearing if it were 1962 (no, not onesies, adult clothes a la Mad Men!) Play music from that year...make jello molds, and have martinis.

(Happy Birthday! My 49th is this year)
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Evaluating your life insurance coverage.

(sad trombone)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Thinking about skydiving for my 50th birthday.

Good thing I read through the post because that was my first thought! That or bungee jumping off a bridge.