P90x HELP???

Options
Hey people,

I just want to hear your opinions on the P90x workouts and diet? and could you give me a list of the rules for the diet and exercise routines please?

Replies

• kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    I love, love, love P90x. I'm not a beachbody coach and have no ties to beachbody at all, but P90x absolutely rocks.

There aren't really any "rules," per se. In the original P90x, you work out 6 days a week, an hour to hour and a half a day. The diet varies depending on your goals, but there is a book that comes along with the program that explains the diet. It's basically a high-protein, low carb, and relatively low fat diet that adds carbs and fats in as you progress throughout the program.

P90x2 has a very similar diet, but the workouts are completely different. They focus a lot on core strength, balance, mobility and stabilization - important for functional fitness for athletes as well as everyday activities.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I love, love, love P90x. I'm not a beachbody coach and have no ties to beachbody at all, but P90x absolutely rocks.

There aren't really any "rules," per se. In the original P90x, you work out 6 days a week, an hour to hour and a half a day. The diet varies depending on your goals, but there is a book that comes along with the program that explains the diet. It's basically a high-protein, low carb, and relatively low fat diet that adds carbs and fats in as you progress throughout the program.

P90x2 has a very similar diet, but the workouts are completely different. They focus a lot on core strength, balance, mobility and stabilization - important for functional fitness for athletes as well as everyday activities.

I love p90x but I think X2 is better. Also, if you do these workouts, you gotta eat up on those calories. It's the only way you will consistently lose inches and burn fat.
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about getting p90x thanks for this post. :happy:
  • kelseyessex
    Options
    do you have list of foods you eat on the diet plan? to lose fat?
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    do you have list of foods you eat on the diet plan? to lose fat?

Not really, there are tons of foods you can eat on the program, and only a few that you can't (or shouldn't). It's basically lots of lean protein, veggies, and a little fruit and dairy. Some tiers of the program have whole-grain carbs as well. It recommends that you avoid caffeine, alcohol, saturated fats, added sugars and simple carbs other than fruit.
  • FitqueenT
    FitqueenT Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love p90x. I did my first round in March-June of last year with awesome results. I just started my second round this Monday and I'm loving it...even though I'm sore (ouch) lol. I didn't follow the nutrition guide my last round but I ate clean. This time around I'm thinking about getting the shakeology shake and the p90x recovery drink.
    I'm doing p90x classic again this time.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Its not that big over here in the UK so I thought it was just a case of buying one DVD., until I saw the price

Is it an at-home workout?
  • Amyknits2
    Options
    I am a member of the beachbody site and get lots of suppor there too. I do love their Shakeology shakes! Lots of protein, vitamins etc. I'm not a "coach" but the shake is really full of great nutrition...although expensive.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    You can google P90x nutrition plan and print it out, if you need it :smile:
  • dgoradia
    dgoradia Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    P90X is a great workout routine. I mix it with bicycling which I do 3 times a week.

I would stay clear of their eating plan (diet). It's awful and at times quite unrealistic.

In short, do the workout, its amazing! Forget their diet. Look for a more sensible eating plan.
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    love the workout, also like version 2.

Don't use their eating plan, or eat all clean.

Just make good food choices, and I eat higher protein, staying in my cal goal - but don't go to low.
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I started P90X this week too! I like it alot so far. I'm not following the eating plan. Nice to hear about eating clean and boosting up the protein intake, that's what I've been doing!
  • kelseyessex
    Options
    Thanks for all your feedback.

What do you normally put on your shopping list when eating clean?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Its not that big over here in the UK so I thought it was just a case of buying one DVD., until I saw the price

Is it an at-home workout?
    Its a set of 12 workouts.