HELP!!!!!!!

Options
Please guys....i need some inspiration! im usually really rubbish with meals and dont plan too much i just do whatever but now im healthy eating i am planning meals a week in advance. Also i cant be doing pizza/sausage and chips etc! So far i have all breakfast/lunches but only 6 dinners.....so far i have

Stuffed cabbage casserole
Roast beef
Beef casserole
Meatloaf
Spag bol
Cajan chicken

All these recipes are from skinny taste or other websites although some of them dont sound healthy i assure you i will be in my calorie intake!

What else could i make? Im not keen on seafood!

Replies

• suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    I am also not keen on seafood. My boyfriend and I always look for ways to cut down calories in recipes we know and love. It's a challenge for us. Sometimes we even refine each other's recipes. For example, when we make tacos, we use 99% lean turkey if we don't use 96% lean beef. We season the turkey the same as we do the beef and no one has any idea. You could try meatloaf with turkey instead of beef. We also make fajitas with bell peppers and chicken wraps with spinach instead of lettuce a lot. We also make our own pizzas. Sometimes I make the crust, most of the time I don't. Boboli has a whole wheat crust that is very good. I "season" the crust with a bit of garlic juice. I also use hard cheese such as romano, parmesan or asiago (not a heaping amount). When I bake, I look for ways to cut back. I have a raging sweet tooth that is very hard to silence. I use Egg Beaters or egg whites instead of eggs. I use applesauce instead of oil and agave nectar or honey in place of sugar (when I can). There are a million options out there. Just be creative and try to have fun with it!
  • Greenhaven44
    Greenhaven44 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I did a search for healthy recipes or low fat recipes and found some good stuff ... I will post some recipes up soon :-)
  • alymuir
    alymuir Posts: 50
    Options
    wow that is some great tips...thank you x
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have the Weight Watchers Cookbooks. As I make them I will mark them with stars or black them out all together. You can get them at WalMart or Amazon.
  • marciml
    marciml Posts: 41
    Options
    Check out HungryGirl.com She tweaks regular recipes and makes them healthier. She sends a free email mon-fri with recipe ideas too.
  • Matthew_Wilde
    Matthew_Wilde Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    As a family we have bought a few different Schwartz packet mixes (http://www.schwartz.co.uk/) to try some new recipes. We seem to have the same old stuff week in week out.

Im not sure how they are for this diet, but I had Sausages Mexican Chilli & Coriander one tonight - i made it up and split it into different portions. It easily fit into my allowance.