South Beach Diet

Options
Has anyone tried the South Beach diet? What were your experiences? I love carbs, but I think that's my biggest downfall, so I'm thinking of trying SB.
Thanks!

Replies

• LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Tried it. Liked it. Couldn't stick with it. Gave up. Now just counting calories and exercising.

However, South Beach is, in my opinion, one of the more sensible low-carb diets out there.
  • fantasticfrankie
    Options
    I was able to lose 30 pounds but I gained 15 back when I stopped counting carbs, it does work and works fast.
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I am not into the SBD for a variety of reasons, but mostly because i need more carb flexibility.

BUT!

I did try it and there are still recipes I use from the book. Just because they are so darn tasty.
  • SNYSeefried2
    Options
    I tried and stuck to it for about a week and doesn't work for me counting calories and eating healthy in my opinion work a whole lot better. I've lost 15 pounds so far in three months doing it this way and it's just the way to go long term in my opinion.
  • michelby09
    michelby09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am doing SB right now...I'm on week 2 of phase 1 and it's working so far. I do have to mention, though, that I have type 1 diabetes and insulin resistance so this diet is really helping with that.